Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Le’Veon Bell has a mid-foot sprain, will undergo an MRI

Legend

User Info Menu

Le’Veon Bell getting second opinion on foot

Posted by Darin Gantt on August 21, 2013

We now know that the definition of “a while” means at least a week.

The Steelers just announced that running back Le’Veon Bell, who suffered a mid-foot sprain, is getting a second opinion.

“Le’Veon had his MRI on Tuesday, and we are still awaiting final diagnosis and results of a second opinion,” Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said. “He will not participate this weekend against the Kansas City Chiefs, and I will provide an update once we have received the official results of his tests over the next couple of days.”

That means in the short term, they’re back to relying on Issac Redman and Jonathan Dwyer, while they wait to see if Bell’s absence is going to be a longer one.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/21/leveon-bell-getting-second-opinion-on-foot/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers' Bell going for second opinion on foot

By The Sports Xchange | The SportsXchange

Pittsburgh Steelers rookie running back Le'Veon Bell is getting a second opinion on his mid-foot sprain and likely will miss Saturday's preseason game against the Kansas City Chiefs, coach Mike Tomlin said Wednesday.

Bell underwent an MRI on Tuesday, but Tomlin said there still is no diagnosis. The injury occurred during the first quarter of the Steelers' 24-13 loss to the Washington Redskins on Monday night.

The second-round draft pick had missed Pittsburgh's preseason opener with soreness in his left knee. He made his NFL debut against the Redskins, rushing for 9 yards on four carries before the injury.

Bell is listed as a co-starter on the team's depth chart at running back with Isaac Redman, who is battling a stinger. Running backs LaRod Stephens-Howling (knee) and Baron Batch (stinger) also are injured.

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported that Bell will miss extended time but will not be out as long as Steelers tight end Matt Spaeth, who is projected to miss eight to 10 weeks.

[URL]http://sports.yahoo.com/news/steelers-bell-going-second-opinion-155010536--nfl.html[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

From Jay Glazer's Twitter feed:

Steelers believe Le'Veon Bell has Lis Franc injury they r hoping will not require surgery but won't be sure until he gets it double checked
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    Shawn if that were the case, Bell wouldn't be insisting on another MRI. And those procedures are NOT Cheap in any way. No way the Steelers would have allowed it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Le'Veon Bell has Lisfranc, surgery possible

Le'Veon Bell (foot) has been diagnosed with a Lisfranc injury, and the Steelers are unsure if he will require surgery.

He has no timetable for a return. FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reports the Steelers are "hoping" Bell can avoid surgery, but "won't be sure until he gets it double checked." NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Bell could be out "some time," and that the team is "pretty frustrated." Bell obviously needs to be removed from draft boards until we get a clearer idea of his timeline, but even a best-case scenario would likely have him missing 4-6 weeks. It's a tremendous disappointment for a player who was locked in as an RB2. As it is, the Steelers will likely now turn to a committee of replacement-level talents Isaac Redman, Jonathan Dwyer and La'Rod Stephens-Howling.

Source: Jay Glazer on Twitter Aug 21

[URL]http://nbc.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/266908/leveon-bell-has-lisfranc-surgery-possible[/URL]

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Sign Beanie Wells, cut Redman.
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It's funny Jay Glazer know but none of the local media do. Like I said about Adam S. Is that a lot of speculation, so they can be the first to break the news.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Jay Glazer is the most connected dude in football. When I see him at the combine in Indy. Players and coaches flock around the guy. Everyone loves him and everyone talks to him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    It's funny Jay Glazer know but none of the local media do. Like I said about Adam S. Is that a lot of speculation, so they can be the first to break the news.
    was Adam S. wrong? Not trying to be funny but from what I remember he seemed to be pretty good with his speculation.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Sign Beanie Wells, cut Redman.
    Ugh. At this point, I'd say Beanie would be a downgrade from Redzone.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.