Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 110

Thread: Le’Veon Bell has a mid-foot sprain, will undergo an MRI

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    That's not true. Especially for young rookie players. No, this is not a ACL tear. But as reported yesterday by Ed Bushette, the Injury is basically the same that Spaeth had, only not as bad. What that tells me is that after the MRI, they told Bell thgat surgery WILL be necessary, and that he will have to be out at a MINIMUM of 6 to 8 weeks. And because of Bell's earlier knee issue, and PROBABLY hearing, or maybe even reading all the reports kinda calling him out for being kinda " Soft " and or
    Injury prone, maybe Bell wanted a second opinion so MAYBE he can avoid the surgery, and being out til game 4 or 5 of the regular season, and likely missing out on any chance of being the starter in his rookie season. So second opinions are absolutely the normal thing...even on sprains. Or on ANY Injury that requires surgery.
    You base your opinion on what? Years of working medical experience? If the weight bearing x-ray is normal. The MRI shows mild inflammation and nothing more, there is no need to consult another orthopod. There is no need for surgery, just rest, ice, compression, elevation.

  2. #32
    Backup
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    199
    Shawn if that were the case, Bell wouldn't be insisting on another MRI. And those procedures are NOT Cheap in any way. No way the Steelers would have allowed it. So obviously something was told to Bell that requires something, surgery, or whatever where he wants a second opinion on how they can proceed. Matt had to have surgery, and if Ed Buschette is right that it is a slightly less severe version of the same injury, then it stands to reason that the same surgery will be required.
    Look, the steelers are grandstanding here. No way does it take any longer then 4 to 5 hors MAX to get two completely different MRI's done, and evaluated. So why they are delaying is beyond me. But we will all have the confirmed reports pretty soon. But this much I know, if it were a injury that just required a little rest with no surgery needed....they would have said that by now.

  3. #33
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,893
    Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    Shawn if that were the case, Bell wouldn't be insisting on another MRI. And those procedures are NOT Cheap in any way. No way the Steelers would have allowed it. So obviously something was told to Bell that requires something, surgery, or whatever where he wants a second opinion on how they can proceed. Matt had to have surgery, and if Ed Buschette is right that it is a slightly less severe version of the same injury, then it stands to reason that the same surgery will be required.
    Look, the steelers are grandstanding here. No way does it take any longer then 4 to 5 hors MAX to get two completely different MRI's done, and evaluated. So why they are delaying is beyond me. But we will all have the confirmed reports pretty soon. But this much I know, if it were a injury that just required a little rest with no surgery needed....they would have said that by now.
    did you really say NOT cheap?

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    Shawn if that were the case, Bell wouldn't be insisting on another MRI. And those procedures are NOT Cheap in any way. No way the Steelers would have allowed it. So obviously something was told to Bell that requires something, surgery, or whatever where he wants a second opinion on how they can proceed. Matt had to have surgery, and if Ed Buschette is right that it is a slightly less severe version of the same injury, then it stands to reason that the same surgery will be required.
    Look, the steelers are grandstanding here. No way does it take any longer then 4 to 5 hors MAX to get two completely different MRI's done, and evaluated. So why they are delaying is beyond me. But we will all have the confirmed reports pretty soon. But this much I know, if it were a injury that just required a little rest with no surgery needed....they would have said that by now.

    Again, you have no clue what you are talking about and obviously have no medical experience. I feel no need to discuss with you further.

  5. #35
    Backup
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    199
    You think MRI's are free ?

  6. #36
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,893
    Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    You think MRI's are free ?
    Does Bell have to pay out of pocket? Do you really think a franchise valued at 900 Mill can't afford a few MRI's?

    What the hell are you on this early in the day?

  7. #37
    Backup
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Does Bell have to pay out of pocket? Do you really think a franchise valued at 900 Mill can't afford a few MRI's?

    What the hell are you on this early in the day?




    If they absolutely know that a second one will be a waste of time, yes, they would not allow it. Now, that does not stop the player from seeking out his OWN MRI, but the team would have nothing to do with paying for it.

  8. #38
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,184
    Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    If they absolutely know that a second one will be a waste of time, yes, they would not allow it. Now, that does not stop the player from seeking out his OWN MRI, but the team would have nothing to do with paying for it.
    You are from another planet. The team will do whatever is necessary as long as it's in the best interest of the player and the team. Getting a second opinion could mean avoiding surgery IF surgery is in order. You're ridiculous.

  9. #39
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,646
    Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    I kinda wish we could have got in on that trade of Jon Baldwin for Bell. That way we bring in the local Pitt product and Home Boy with LEGIT Plex-like Height and skill for " Tinker Bell "
    This is ridiculous. Baldwin had 2 full NFL seasons plus another training camp under his belt, and was unable to impress head coaches Todd Haley, Romeo Crennel, or Andy Reid. They threw him out like 1st round bust garbage, getting back San Fran's 1st round bust garbage in A.J. Jenkins, hoping that a change of scenary might benefit these failed picks. You seriously think that Le'Veon Bell, with half of one training camp under his belt, is a failed pick on the level of Jon Baldwin???

  10. #40
    Backup
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    This is ridiculous. Baldwin had 2 full NFL seasons plus another training camp under his belt, and was unable to impress head coaches Todd Haley, Romeo Crennel, or Andy Reid. They threw him out like 1st round bust garbage, getting back San Fran's 1st round bust garbage in A.J. Jenkins, hoping that a change of scenary might benefit these failed picks. You seriously think that Le'Veon Bell, with half of one training camp under his belt, is a failed pick on the level of Jon Baldwin???




    There have been alot of drafted players that didn't workout with their original teams, and were cut/traded, only to go on to great success and stardom. Normally I would not consider it coming into Camp, but, Dwyer has lost about 25Lbs since last year, and has been doing well both in camp AND in the actual games. No one I think predicted this, which is why Bell was drafted. Maybe I wouldn't do it. But in this league, a RB has very little time to proof themselves. And if Bell's first season is doomed because of Injuries when he hasn't even carried the ball more then 4 times yet, then him ever being good is very likely.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •