Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gay is getting his due bashing!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Gay is getting his due bashing!

I have read three articles, some who normally defend him call him out for being a liability regardless where he line up on defense.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm not sure why. He didn't look any worse than Ike did.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    Stop it.... Everyone knows Ike is worth his 10mil/year salary. lol
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    Gay had his best season of his career. If anything, he played better than anyone thought he would. If they want to bash players, go after Clark, Troy, Woodley. Those 3 were far more the cause of our poor D than Gay was.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Gay had his best season of his career. If anything, he played better than anyone thought he would. If they want to bash players, go after Clark, Troy, Woodley. Those 3 were far more the cause of our poor D than Gay was.
    I imagine people bashing Gay while watching Troy or Ike get burnt to a crisp. It reminds me of that FB who was blamed all the time. Dude wasn't anything special but he wasn't the reason our offense sucked but he sure got the brunt of the criticism.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I imagine people bashing Gay while watching Troy or Ike get burnt to a crisp. It reminds me of that FB who was blamed all the time. Dude wasn't anything special but he wasn't the reason our offense sucked but he sure got the brunt of the criticism.
    Frank Summers?? that guy sucked balls thru a straw. I don't remember anyone blaming him for the offensive woes, but more his plethora of suckiness.

I hated the re-signing of Gay this offseason, but I was wrong. He played as well as could be expected for the time he started at CB while Tez was hurt.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Administrator

User Info Menu

Wow... William Gay really contended that play.... Oh well, I guess everyone gets beat every once in awhile.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Rookie

User Info Menu

I think William Gay making the team, forget about the playing time he gets, is emblematic of all that's wrong with the Mike Tomlin regime. The guy is a liability, plain and simple. And while everyone makes mistakes, he seems to make more of them than other guys. I don't know what Tomlin or LeBeau see on tape, but William Gay is terrible. I agree - guys have a bad game during a season. Gay has the uncanny ability to string together bad games. He needs to go and if we keep him, I believe it shows where we are as a defense - namely, nowhere.

Legend

User Info Menu

"Gay bashing?" Seriously people? On this forum?

Can we PLEASE stick to football here?

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher