Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gay is getting his due bashing!

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Say what you want to about William Gay, the man was as solid as any DB on our roster this year, when you look at his play from start to finish (the complete body of work as Tomlin would say).

I'm not sure what this says about the play of our other corners......
    Some people jump on a player bashing wagon and ride it into the sunset...

It doesn't matter what they do moving forward.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I'm not sure why. He didn't look any worse than Ike did.
    Gay had his best season of his career. If anything, he played better than anyone thought he would. If they want to bash players, go after Clark, Troy, Woodley. Those 3 were far more the cause of our poor D than Gay was.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Gay had his best season of his career. If anything, he played better than anyone thought he would. If they want to bash players, go after Clark, Troy, Woodley. Those 3 were far more the cause of our poor D than Gay was.
    I imagine people bashing Gay while watching Troy or Ike get burnt to a crisp. It reminds me of that FB who was blamed all the time. Dude wasn't anything special but he wasn't the reason our offense sucked but he sure got the brunt of the criticism.

Yep Gay is a average nickel CB. But the Steelers need an upgrade if Gay is your back up to the starters. Smart player it seems to me with average talent. Yes Bigger WR's seems to get the whole Steelers secondary more so then the fast shifty guys. If possible I see a need for 2 CB's drafted. A guy you see as a good #1 or 2 (if Allen is still thought of as a #1) and a guy who could be a good #3 project.

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I imagine people bashing Gay while watching Troy or Ike get burnt to a crisp. It reminds me of that FB who was blamed all the time. Dude wasn't anything special but he wasn't the reason our offense sucked but he sure got the brunt of the criticism.
    Frank Summers?? that guy sucked balls thru a straw. I don't remember anyone blaming him for the offensive woes, but more his plethora of suckiness.

I hated the re-signing of Gay this offseason, but I was wrong. He played as well as could be expected for the time he started at CB while Tez was hurt.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska