Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Redskin game observations

Legend

User Info Menu

If anyone saw a bright spot in that atrocity last night please let me know, because I didn't see one, not one. The first team offense scored 7 points,...for the Redskins, the pass protection was a sieve and Bell made four runs and was injured, great. In the first half the offense had three turnovers and around 75 yards in penalties and one turnover was a pick 6. Ben is a great quarterback, but he does a little more than 2 seconds to be successful on a regular basis.

The special teams were their usual self mediocre to bad, the Steelers have two weeks to get this team on the right track or it is going to be a long season. The turnaround might begin with the coaching staff, the penalties are unacceptable.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Agreed ....... :<(

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    If anyone saw a bright spot in that atrocity last night please let me know, because I didn't see one, not one. The first team offense scored 7 points,...for the Redskins, the pass protection was a sieve and Bell made four runs and was injured, great. In the first half the offense had three turnovers and around 75 yards in penalties and one turnover was a pick 6. Ben is a great quarterback, but he does a little more than 2 seconds to be successful on a regular basis.

The special teams were their usual self mediocre to bad, the Steelers have two weeks to get this team on the right track or it is going to be a long season. The turnaround might begin with the coaching staff, the penalties are unacceptable.

Pappy
    Manny Sanders has great hands.
    Shamarko is a load.
    Wheaton should pan out into at least a good slot reciever.
    It seemed like Hawthorne was around the ball quite a bit.
    With Landry Jones on the roster, Ben is no longer our derpiest looking QB.
    Might not ever have to learn how to spell Le'v'e'eon Bell's first name correctly.
    Field looked nice.
    My dinner came out pretty well despite being whipped together in a frenzy.
    Uhhh... Marcus Gilbert didn't get anyone killed?

That's all i got.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Jarvis is quick and held his own, should be starting week 1
    Paulson CAN'T block but neither can the O-line
    Wheaton is super fast and isn't afraid to go over the middle
    The O-line is really bad
    McCoy is not a bad #2
    Bell is becoming a china doll
    Dwyer is like Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde
    The O-line is really bad
    Sanders has great hands
    Ben said in a sideline interview the O was holding a lot of stuff back
    Considering the turnovers, the 1st team defense wasn't too shabby
    The O-line is really bad
    Penalties still plague this team at crucial times

I pray that things get better
    Nice observations pete, but I would have liked it if you could have included something on the OLine...you forgot about them completely

At least you would have liked to.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post

Pappy
    Didn't see the full game, but Jarvis Jones seems to have a bright future. I think he needs to continue getting stronger, but it was nice to see an OLB making a play in the backfield.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Paulson CAN'T block but neither can the O-line
    Paulson blocks well on the move. Not as well when he is lined up as a traditional TE.

Legend

User Info Menu

I have never seen Paulson block well. This year or last year included. The guy could be in a FN U-haul truck and he couldn't move anyone.
    I'm not overeacting, I know there are 2 more games left.
    Tomlin must do something drastic to inspire this bunch of misfits on our O-line.
    BENCHING Marcus Gilbert is something drastic. make him earn his job to play on the line. He is absolutely the worst of the worst.
    He was manhandled on almost every snap last night, shows no quickness or desire to play hard. He is an absolute PU$$Y amongst a group of men.
    We must pray that some vets get cut within the next 2 weeks.
    The man is an uninspired pile of steaming dogcrap