Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rookies!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Landry Jones was all over the yard and threw at least three balls that could have been picked.

Legend

User Info Menu

Jones showed significant improvement, along with typical rookie mistake. I'm encouraged by the growth I am seeing in a very short period of time.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    Landry Jones was all over the yard and threw at least three balls that could have been picked.
    could have? LOL... well, they weren't.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    could have? LOL... well, they weren't.
    So you are OK with balls thrown into traffic with regularity. LOL

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I believe Landry Jones will be a fine quarterback in this league some day, right now he isn't. He moved the offense once, made a nice read on a blitz and they scored a touchdown, other than that he threw into coverage (like a rookie), he threw late to the sideline (like a rookie), and he stared down receivers (like a rookie).

Shamarko Thomas needs to be the nickle back for this defense, this guy hits hard, seems to be around the ball all the time and appears to be an excellent pick. Willie Gay didn't look so swell last night, I'd give Thomas some reps with the ones this weekend.

Jarvis Jones will be the starter before the bye week if not on day one, he's got some quick twitch muscle fiber and for all the angst about his arms he seems to be very strong.

Wheaton just needs the reps, he'll replace Cotchery before the halfway point of the season. The Steelers might be in the same quandary as they were last year with too many good receivers and not enough money to go around.

Williams and Hawthorne are certainly trying to take advantage of their opportunities and last night was a good showing for them.

I agree, well done rooks! I hope some vets see the pine after what I saw last night.

Pappy
    Correct on all counts about Landry Jones. He did exactly what the team knew he was going to do...play like a rookie who isn't being counted on to do anything this season. His pick was for three years down the road and I think he ends up a solid NFL QB with the necessary seasoning.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I find it amusing that the people who are bitching about the OL depth are perfectly fine with burning a 4th round draft pick on the back up to the back up QB.

Hypocrisy at its finest.

Legend

User Info Menu

As if a 4th round OLman would get any PT.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    You see the 1st and 2nd team OL last night?

Ummm, there is definitely room for some quality depth.

Thank God we have our backup backup QB who wont play for three years according to the experts.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I find it amusing that the people who are bitching about the OL depth are perfectly fine with burning a 4th round draft pick on the back up to the back up QB.

Hypocrisy at its finest.
    I didn't think depth was an issue.. they stink.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Alabama C/G/T Barrett Jones came off the board 2 picks before we took Landry Jones (and 2 picks after we took the Sharknado). You know that Tomlin loves versatile o-linemen, so B. Jones would have looked plenty nice in Black and Gold (if not for those stinkin' Rams).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.