Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This Offensive Line...

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    not funny and not necessary.

I wasn't joking. Both Gilbert and the Pouncey have known past Gang histories. Look it up. Hell Pouncey was Indicated in another murder that Hernandez is being investigated about. Pouncey had a very good rookie year. But he hasn't been a top-20 NFL Center since. Please remove your head from your butt and actually look at Pouncey's play. Maybe he's just too worried about his " Hommie " Hernandez getting away with " 187 " then his play!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Lets get real.........this is a new zone blocking scheme. not gonna happen overnight. Again, been watching football for a long time and never put too much weight on a preseason game.

Wrong. All teams Zone block and man block.. There is nothing new here. These guys know how to zone block from pee wee all the way up. It's so easy a cave man could do it... the little bit that I saw tonight, the OT's looked like crap. Getting rid of Starks is gonna bite em in the ars. imo. Terrible move letting him walk.
    I still think they are gonna pick up a veteran OT somewhere, especially when cuts start.. Gilbert needs to sit on the bench- not sure what's happened to him since his 1st year.....
    Last edited by pfelix73; 08-19-2013 at 11:01 PM.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

There's time for the starters to gel by the start of the season...but the 2nd string is atrocious - Whimper should be cut tomorrow.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    I wasn't joking. Both Gilbert and the Pouncey have known past Gang histories. Look it up. Hell Pouncey was Indicated in another murder that Hernandez is being investigated about. Pouncey had a very good rookie year. But he hasn't been a top-20 NFL Center since. Please remove your head from your butt and actually look at Pouncey's play. Maybe he's just too worried about his " Hommie " Hernandez getting away with " 187 " then his play!
    your comments are moronic and I don't suspect you will last much longer here than you did last time.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    your comments are moronic and I don't suspect you will last much longer here than you did last time.

Dude, how is this offensive ? I mean wasn't it Pouncey who got into trouble in High School for having Guns found in the trunk of his car...charges later dropped. Wasn't it Pouncey, and his Brother who were openly supporting a Indicted Murderer ?
    And Gilbert's past is well chronicled. ot tomention his horrid play. Look, Pouncey at least has played well in the past, so maybe he can get it together. But please, don't make any excuses for Gilbert cause he has flat Sucked since we wasted a draft pick on him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

(Cut- Whimper) 2 posts up...

Yea, sort of agree. I thought that maybe, just maybe he'd beat out Gilbert at RT, but now- not so much.....They gotta go shopping and hope they might find someone who has some experience there... We'll see....
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    Pouncey had a very good rookie year. But he hasn't been a top-20 NFL Center since.
    While I disagree STRONGLY with much of what you are saying, and I will not say below top 20, I AGREE Pouncey is BY FAR the most overrated Steeler on this team. Pouncey gets love because he shows flashes of rare athleticism. But he gets owned by good nose tackles. People liken him to Dermotti. We would not have been that pathetic running the ball inside on a team with Dawson at center.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 08-19-2013 at 11:12 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

They just showed the lowlights on the game tonight. Pouncey was really manhandled. And not just once, but multiple times. I hope there isn't something wrongwith him already.
    Novel idea, NE struggles to find WRs in the draft but have a knack for OL talent, Steelers the opposite. Maybe they can swap picks next season?

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    While I disagree STRONGLY with much of what you are saying, and I will not say below top 20, I AGREE Pouncey is BY FAR the most overrated Steeler on this team. Pouncey gets love because he shows flashes of rare athleticism. But he gets owned by good nose tackles. People liken him to Dermotti. We would not have been that pathetic running the ball inside on a team with Dawson at center.

I'm not saying Pouncey doesn't have talent. He has great Balance....maybe the best. But in our system of running, we still are a straight ahead power running team. And Pouncey is Not a Bull rush Blocker. Also technique wise he is lacking. He was great his rookie season cause opposing teams didn't know how to counter his great Balance. But now they have adjusted to him, and it seems he is being exposed a bit. A good Cnter yes, but not All World.

Legend

User Info Menu

So is it the talent evaluations of the Steelers' staff that are letting the team down? It's not as if they aren't spending high draft choices on O-line. 4 out of 5 starters taken in the first/second round with the fifth playing big-time ball in the SEC. And for the most part these guys are huge. No reason to be getting pushed around or let 4 guys collapse the pocket so easily. Hard to justify taking more line men early. It's head-scratching...

Adams: 6'7/323 - 2nd round
    Foster: 6'6/325 - UDFA out of Tennessee
    Pouncey: 6'4/304 - 1st round
    DeCastro: 6'5/316 - 1st round
    Gilbert: 6'6/330 - 2nd round