Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, the Dwyer edition

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, the Dwyer edition

back to back plays, and we see the good and the bad. If this dude had any consistency, he would be a great back

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

What about Gay.... Is he Dr J or Mr. H lmao he still sucks
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Dwyer runs hard, he just doesn't run smart. There were a number of runs he had tonight where if he just trusted what was there & ran "north & south" rather than bouncing it outside, he would've been killing the Skins. But he tries to be something he's not & this is why he's fighting for meaningful playing time.

As for Gay...I'd really prefer that Golden & Shamarko step up.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Backup

User Info Menu

Dwyer needs to try and minimize the negative yards and of course putting the ball on the ground. Overall he ran well and looks to have some good burst. I think Batch is done...Although that will only leave us with one back under contract next year....

Starter

User Info Menu

Aside from his fumble, Dwyer was terrific. He can make big plays in the run game while getting chunks in the middle. Is he Adrian Peterson? No.

But he has serious talent and he could finally be turning that corner-at the ripe age of 24.

He looks to be in good shape and conditioning this year. If he continues to grow, along with this offense, we could have a nice 1-2 punch with him and Bell.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 8467thekraken View Post
    Aside from his fumble, Dwyer was terrific. He can make big plays in the run game while getting chunks in the middle. Is he Adrian Peterson? No.

But he has serious talent and he could finally be turning that corner-at the ripe age of 24.

He looks to be in good shape and conditioning this year. If he continues to grow, along with this offense, we could have a nice 1-2 punch with him and Bell.
    He had some great runs, no doubt. I also saw a bunch of times where he was into the second level, and became indecisive. If he would have kept trucking forward he could have picked up 5 more yards, maybe broke a tackle and got a bunch more - instead he hesitates, tries to push it outside more, and gets tackled after 2. He needs to run like the big man he is more often and just hit it upfield and run through some people.

Starter

User Info Menu

Dwyer was one of the bright spots for me last night. And then he ruined it with that fumble. I have no doubt that Dwyer will make this team. But I dont have any faith in him as a starter. Dwyer is in great shape now. But what kind of shape will he be in in week 12 after hes already made the team?

Legend

User Info Menu

Dwyer was our best RB last year and he is this year. Bell may get there but he has proven nothing. Redman is nothing but a spot player/back-up.

The problem is our OL not Dwyer.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

The OL was blowing HUGE holes. I see it less as Dwyer and more the run blocking ability of this OL.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    He had some great runs, no doubt. I also saw a bunch of times where he was into the second level, and became indecisive. If he would have kept trucking forward he could have picked up 5 more yards, maybe broke a tackle and got a bunch more - instead he hesitates, tries to push it outside more, and gets tackled after 2. He needs to run like the big man he is more often and just hit it upfield and run through some people.
    yep... every time he hit the second level he was tackled while running East and West...