A lot of the roster seems locked down, but a handful of guys are playing to make this team.
A couple guys on the bubble that I'm interested to see how they perform are:
1. Fangupo and Ta'Amu - is there room for 3 NTs?
2. Curtis Brown, Victorian, Hawthorne, Green, Cromartie-Smith, VanDyke - will we keep 5 or 6 CBs? Thomas and Golden both look good covering slot receivers in the nickle and that position flexibility might mean there's room for another S.
3. Whimper and Malecki - can they step up and be solid backups
4. Beachum - can he play well enough to work his way into the starting lineup? i think he's better than a couple starters on the Oline
5. Robinson and Carter - who's gonna be the 4th OLB? Do we have room to carry an extra?
6. Dwyer, Batch - i think Dwyer's probably in a good position, but can Batch do anything plus make some plays on ST to make his case?
7. Wheaton and Holing as returners. Can these guys save us from carrying a return specialist?
8. McCoy - can he make the case for a roster spot?
9. Hood and Heyward - its about time these 1st rounders step up. their play could determine how we think about all the DL backups and how many DEs vs NT we ultimately carry
10. Sylverster, McFadden, Williams, Wilson - there's a log jam at ILB. will anyone separate? will any make a splash on ST?
11. In general, beyond the guys on the bubble, I'm interested in seeing all the 1st and 2nd year players and all the new starters - Paulson, JJ, McClendon, Johnson, Adams, Gilby, etc.
12. I'm also interested to see the OLine and DLines. Both of these units have been hard to get a read on from practice. And both are in the process of major change.
13. Also very interested in the evolution of the Haley offense.