Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: A different week same story.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    On second glance we had a few 15 to 20 yard pass plays... but yes, our real offense looks like small ball vs the BA offense we had.
    Just like the game Dizz step back and look at the facts. In 2011 we scored only 20.3 POINTS A GAME.
    Our scoring went UP under Haley DESPITE Ben missing three games with injury.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

On second glance we had a few 15 to 20 yard pass plays... but yes, our real offense looks like small ball vs the BA offense we had.
    SERIOUSLY MAN HOW CAN YOU know OUR REAL OFFENSE?

Ben said that we arent even showing it.
    As I said before, it looks to me that they opened it up after Ben was out. How do we know THAT was not the real offense?
    Ben to Brown on a deep route WILL NOT HELP YOU EVALUATE guys you are gonna cut or keep.
    Batch and Dwyer running and catching MEANS SOMETHING. They need touches.

Landry Jones to Moye....those are meaningful passes to receivers, Grad to Wheaton, valuable experience with a new team.

Ben to Sanders? Really? All that does is make us feel good about the team, shows the coaches NOTHING they have not seen. AND it puts Ben at risk. We complain about the sacks and want MORE DEEP PLAYS? Why?

Ben goes out and the FIRST TEAM OLINE STAYS IN. Why?

They needed more reps PASS BLOCKING and we passed more with Gradkowki.

Seriously before you disagree think about it.

If you are coach what good does it do to pull out all the stops to win the game?

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Probably because it looks too much like the small ball offense from last year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain QB View Post
    Probably because it looks too much like the small ball offense from last year.
    When your man Ben said himself they haven't shown anything yet? They are working on certain things? How do you know? Overreact much?

Legend

User Info Menu

Why risk Ben when you can risk Gradkowski

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    When your man Ben said himself they haven't shown anything yet? They are working on certain things? How do you know? Overreact much?
    If the offense wasn't crappy like it was last year I'd probably see it your way. However, considering how bad it was last year it probably would be a little more beneficial if they showed more than just "we're going to run the ball!" in these preseason games.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain QB View Post
    If the offense wasn't crappy like it was last year I'd probably see it your way. However, considering how bad it was last year it probably would be a little more beneficial if they showed more than just "we're going to run the ball!" in these preseason games.
    Yeah, that makes zero sense. Try again.

Legend

User Info Menu

Just like the game Dizz step back and look at the facts. In 2011 we scored only 20.3 POINTS A GAME.
    Our scoring went UP under Haley DESPITE Ben missing three games with injury.
    I really don't care about PPG and other stats... I care about wins and losses and the eye test.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben said that we arent even showing it.
    As I said before, it looks to me that they opened it up after Ben was out. How do we know THAT was not the real offense?
    Ben to Brown on a deep route WILL NOT HELP YOU EVALUATE guys you are gonna cut or keep.
    Batch and Dwyer running and catching MEANS SOMETHING. They need touches.

Landry Jones to Moye....those are meaningful passes to receivers, Grad to Wheaton, valuable experience with a new team.

Ben to Sanders? Really? All that does is make us feel good about the team, shows the coaches NOTHING they have not seen. AND it puts Ben at risk. We complain about the sacks and want MORE DEEP PLAYS? Why?

Seriously before you disagree think about it.

If you are coach what good does it do to pull out all the stops to win the game?
    1) The reality is this OL isn't going to change between now and week 1 (barring another Gilbert injury of course)

2) Ben always tells the media all is well with the O.

Legend

User Info Menu

1) The reality is this OL isn't going to change between now and week 1 (barring another Gilbert injury of course)

2) Ben always tells the media all is well with the O.
    I share the concern with the oline.
    THAT IS WHY IT SEEMS LOGICAL not to put Ben at unnecessary risk in the preseason by calling more deep routes.

That is why you cannot reasonable criticize preseason playcalling. They are NOT following a strategy to win games but to evaluated talent and to give experience to young players.

For example say it is 1st and 5 on the five. I might call four straight run plays to see our guys punch it in regardless if they get stuffed every down. I am looking at the oline and how it is jelling. Should that happen the Crash's on this board will lose their collective minds. Is that what Haley will do in a real game. Not likely, but people here will be convinced it is the beginning of the end.

TCFCLTC-