Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A different week same story.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

A different week same story.

No threat to go down field and a steady dose of runs and screens that don't work. Nice job Haley. I hate to say it but bring back Bruce.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    No threat to go down field and a steady dose of runs and screens that don't work. Nice job Haley. I hate to say it but bring back Bruce.
    we're obviously going 0-16 this season...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This is pathetic. We my as well of traded Ben and start Gradkowski if our offense is going to throw no longer than 10 yards downfield, that being our homerun ball, and run screens that we haven't been able to run in 15 years. How Gilbert is the starting RT protecting a 2 time Superbowl winning QB is beyond me. Should be Starks and Adams at RT.

mark it down, Beachum will be starting at RT before the break.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

This is pathetic. We my as well of traded Ben and start Gradkowski if our offense is going to throw no longer than 10 yards downfield, that being our homerun ball, and run screens that we haven't been able to run in 15 years.
    Gradkowski WILL be our starter if Ben gets hurt throwing slow developing passes just to make an impression in a meaningless game.
    Remember the purpose here. You are just warming up your guaranteed starters.

What does Ben throwing deep to Brown achieve?

Conversely, either Dwyer or Batch will not make this team. THEY are being evaluated with the first team. Still working out the bugs with the zone blocking. Combine that fact with a desire to keep Ben clean and the play calling makes perfect sense. Lots of runs and screens to RBs.

How Gilbert is the starting RT protecting a 2 time Superbowl winning QB is beyond me. Should be Starks and Adams at RT.
    Agreed. The dumbest move we made was letting Max go. But we might think about that fact before calling for more deep passing in a meaningless preseason game.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Gradkowski WILL be our starter if Ben gets hurt throwing slow developing passes just to make an impression in a meaningless game.
    Remember the purpose here. You are just warming up your guaranteed starters.

What does Ben throwing deep to Brown achieve?

Conversely, either Dwyer or Batch will not make this team. THEY are being evaluated with the first team. Still working out the bugs with the zone blocking. Combine that fact with a desire to keep Ben clean and the play calling makes perfect sense. Lots of runs and screens to RBs.

Agreed. The dumbest move we made was letting Max go. But we might think about that fact before calling for more deep passing in a meaningless preseason game.
    Amazingly 30 other starting QB's throw downfield in these meaningless games, practicing their real offenses to hone their skills, without fearing injury. We, however are too fearful of our crap line to try to run our real offense out of fear our starting QB won't make it to opening game.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Amazingly 30 other starting QB's throw downfield in these meaningless games, practicing their real offenses to hone their skills, without fearing injury. We, however are too fearful of our crap line to try to run our real offense out of fear our starting QB won't make it to opening game.
    You mean guys like Brady who relies on timing more than ANYONE and has a WHOLE new set of receivers but has an outstanding oline?
    Different needs.

Are we alone?
    Eli against us threw all of five passes, completed TWO one was deep. They did not put him at great risk.
    Keep in mind that one or more of Ben's sacks or dump-offs might have had a deep route too.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 08-19-2013 at 10:11 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    You mean guys like Brady who relies on timing more than ANYONE and has a WHOLE new set of receivers but has an outstanding oline?
    Different needs.

Are we alone?
    Eli against us threw all of five passes, completed TWO one was deep. They did not put him at great risk.
    Keep in mind that one or more of Ben's sacks or dump-offs might have had a deep route too.
    Brady is in a different league as Ben. I'm sorry but he is. Brady has lost A LOT and he's still tearing teams up.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Landry Jones passes 5 times on an 8 yard drive including a 45 yard strike to Wheaton. Why?
    Does that mean ANYTHING as far as how we plan to call plays?
    Does Tomlin trust LJ more than Ben who he "handcuffed"?

Or does the evaluation focus change when you have LJ and Wheaton getting precious game reps and Moye fighting for a job.

TCFCLTC-

Rookie

User Info Menu

Umm, its preseason.
    "....great films, with plots! Where you cared about whose ass it was, and why it was farting!"

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/235511.jpg

Rookie

User Info Menu

It might be preseason, but William Gay is in mid-season form as he got juked out of his jock by Hankerson for an EASY touchdown. Preseason or not, there have been three turnovers, a slew of penalties and the Steelers look like absolute s**t. Tomlin needs to go. This is embarrassing.