Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A different week same story.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    By mixing up the plays instead of the predictable mess that Haley is calling. I'm not a DC but I could defend the run run dink donk screen offense.
    Doesnt matter what plays are called if the OL can't hold off the D. That D was licking their chops on every play and the OL could do nothing about it. Sometimes the better players are on the other team....

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Landry Jones passes 5 times on an 8 yard drive including a 45 yard strike to Wheaton. Why?
    Does that mean ANYTHING as far as how we plan to call plays?
    Does Tomlin trust LJ more than Ben who he "handcuffed"?

Or does the evaluation focus change when you have LJ and Wheaton getting precious game reps and Moye fighting for a job.
    I think it's obvious that Haley was running 4 straight times to test Bell and Bell failed the test. I don't think thats going to be an indication of the playcalling in the regular reason. At least, I hope not. I still question doing that even in preseason because it puts Ben in a bad position.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I agree to a certain degree, but don't make the opposing defense easy at least keep then guessing and that will stop some pressure.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    Dude theres a difference between optimism and excuses. Your making excuses. We look AWFUL. I dont care what we are running our O Line looks just as bad as ever. Even if we are running a manilla offense. If we cant even effectively block for that what makes you think we will be able to block our full offense.
    Excuses? I am not defending our PLAY.
    Please take note of what I have said.
    Quote Originally Posted by ME
    Gradkowski WILL be our starter if Ben gets hurt throwing slow developing passes just to make an impression in a meaningless game.
    The dumbest move we made was letting Max go. But we might think about that fact before calling for more deep passing in a meaningless preseason game.
    However the mental mistakes are indeed troubling.
    I am defending the PLAY-CALLING. .....BECAUSE the tackles are playing horrible.

Worry all you want about the lack of blocking for Ben....I AGREE WITH YOU.

Just dont do that while complaining that we are not throwing deep, as others are doing.

We are not calling plays strategically. We are evaluating and doing so in a way that puts Ben at the least risk.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 08-19-2013 at 10:53 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Brady is in a different league as Ben. I'm sorry but he is. Brady has lost A LOT and he's still tearing teams up.
    Because the Patriots have never handcuffed Brady or asked him to wait until the fourth quarter to bail the team out. Meanwhile, Ben is asked to play game manager and not throw the ball more than 10 yards until the Steelers. Of course when they do let him loose, it's usually too late and he's easy to blame for fans like yourself.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain QB View Post
    Because the Patriots have never handcuffed Brady or asked him to wait until the fourth quarter to bail the team out. Meanwhile, Ben is asked to play game manager and not throw the ball more than 10 yards until the Steelers. Of course when they do let him loose, it's usually too late and he's easy to blame for fans like yourself.
    Excuses....I don't think the 1st team playcalling tonight meant much. At least, I hope not. I give credit where credit is do. Sometimes Ben deserves the credit and sometimes he deserves the blame. There are other fans that can't put any blame on certain players or coaches. I'm not one of them.

Backup

User Info Menu

Excuses....I don't think the 1st team playcalling tonight meant much. At least, I hope not. I give credit where credit is do. Sometimes Ben deserves the credit and sometimes he deserves the blame. There are other fans that can't put any blame on certain players or coaches. I'm not one of them.
    And there are some fans that only look at stat sheets or just blame the most visible player. The simple truth of the matter is the Patriots use their best player the entire game, while the Steelers wait until the fourth quarter to use their best player in hopes he can bail them out. One team values points, the other values time of possession.

Administrator

User Info Menu

And there are some fans that only look at stat sheets or just blame the most visible player. The simple truth of the matter is the Patriots use their best player the entire game, while the Steelers wait until the fourth quarter to use their best player in hopes he can bail them out. One team values points, the other values time of possession.
    Come on.... Do you really think this team doesn't value points? Does Tomlin & Haley game plan with the mindset of having the least points possible but the highest time of possession? Do you really think that?

Backup

User Info Menu

Come on.... Do you really think this team doesn't value points? Does Tomlin & Haley game plan with the mindset of having the least points possible but the highest time of possession? Do you really think that?
    I think they believe as long as they merely hold onto the ball, they can grind out low scoring wins.

Legend

User Info Menu

The simple truth of the matter is the Patriots use their best player the entire game, while the Steelers wait until the fourth quarter to use their best player in hopes he can bail them out. One team values points, the other values time of possession.
    Simple truth is that when the Pats DID NOT gear their entire offense around Brady......they won 3 Superbowls.
    Since Brady has been a top fantasy pick? ZERO.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher