Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: A different week same story.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain QB View Post
    I think they believe as long as they merely hold onto the ball, they can grind out low scoring wins.
    Or they looked at what has worked consistently, what teams of Ben's actually SCORED the most.
    Teams that threw less than 500 times. EVERY YEAR without exception playoffs.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Simple truth is that when the Pats DID NOT gear their entire offense around Brady......they won 3 Superbowls.
    Since Brady has been a top fantasy pick? ZERO.
    Nor were offenses as wide open as they are now back then. Hell, Tampa Bay won a super bowl with that fatso at QB.

If the Patriots geared their offense around those no-name RBs they have, think they'd get to the super bowl in 2013?

Backup

User Info Menu

Or they looked at what has worked consistently, what teams of Ben's actually SCORED the most.
    Teams that threw less than 500 times. EVERY YEAR without exception playoffs.
    So those years they play calling was "Run, run, BEN HELP!"?

Also, I'd say Ben's a better QB now than he was in 2007. The Steelers need to let him do more on the early downs and earlier in the game, then maybe he won't have to do as much in the fourth quarter.

Legend

User Info Menu

Nor were offenses as wide open as they are now back then. Hell, Tampa Bay won a super bowl with that fatso at QB.

If the Patriots geared their offense around those no-name RBs they have, think they'd get to the super bowl in 2013?
    I cannot speculate on that.
    All I know is that an inferior QB who threw 100 FEWER passes than he did BEAT HIM last year 28-13.
    Brady passed 54 times and the team scored 13 points.

Putting it ALL on the back of one man rarely works.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I recorded the game so I haven't had a chance to watch it. I'll likely watch it over the next couple days. What I don't understand is why everyone goes in to the preseason expecting the Steelers to throw it all on the table and light teams up. As someone else said somewhere on the board this evening. (It may be in this very thread) The Preseason is about putting players in live situations and evaluating. It's NOT about going out and doing everything in your power to win the football game. Therefore I don't understand why everyone is getting so bent out of shape about what seems to be everything. Outside of hoping that Bell is fine (I read he hurt his foot?) I don't really care what happens in these games. As long as the Coaches see what they want to see and we come out healthy all is well in the world. The thread title is a different week, the same story, well each preseason it's a different preseason and the same complaining. We aren't going to come out and start slinging stuff down field, maybe they run those screens to force the line to block a certain way. It's all for a reason. People need to chill.

Legend

User Info Menu

So those years they play calling was "Run, run, BEN HELP!"?

Also, I'd say Ben's a better QB now than he was in 2007. The Steelers need to let him do more on the early downs and earlier in the game, then maybe he won't have to do as much in the fourth quarter.
    What do you mean. We HAVE BEEN DOING THAT under BA since 2008 when he basically cut Ben loose. It has been up and down.
    When we run well and often with Ben.....we win.

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    As someone else said somewhere on the board this evening. (It may be in this very thread) The Preseason is about putting players in live situations and evaluating. It's NOT about going out and doing everything in your power to win the football game.
    I dont know who said that but that kind of clear unassailable logic is indeed impressive!!!!

Seriously, while I agree about the play calling, the actual play, especially of the O-Line was is scary.
    That and not the play calling is reason for real concern.

TCFCLTC-

Backup

User Info Menu

What do you mean. We HAVE BEEN DOING THAT under BA since 2008 when he basically cut Ben loose. It has been up and down.
    When we run well and often with Ben.....we win.
    And in more recent seasons they've just been smacking their heads against a concrete wall, wasting downs, putting Ben in bad 3rd & long situations. They need to pass more often on first downs.

Legend

User Info Menu

And in more recent seasons they've just been smacking their heads against a concrete wall, wasting downs, putting Ben in bad 3rd & long situations. They need to pass more often on first downs.
    A different name same post

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

It's just not a real pre-season without Chicken Little making an early appearance..
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE