Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Madden: Steelers Wasting BIg Ben

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain QB View Post
    Well then, is that Ben's fault or the defense's fault?
    if you need to ask...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    actually Rice had fumble itis last year... they split Rice's time with a rookie down the stretch and in the playoffs.
    Anyone watching the Ravens last year know the Ravens didn't have squat until they learned to establish the run...to set up Flacco for success with the running game. This isn't about tooting Rice's horn...this is to talk about the need for a running game...rookie/Rice...or whoever...running game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    did I say 50 points a game? Calm down and try have a discussion.

I'm giving haley this year. If its the same as last?, fire his ass.
    I am calm...but fans who are so willing to call a coach a failure for things out of his control after a year in the position just make me shake my head.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    it will play out...

but Ben also said we were "this close" to having a high octane O the last few years... and he also loved the OL the fans hated.
    I think this Steelers team was close last year believe it or not. I seen it in spurts...I seen it in the first 8 games. The OL playing like ish, and Ben getting hurt didn't help our cause.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

nobody has called him a failure.

he certainly has a lot of room for improvement. To say otherwise is absurd.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I am calm...but fans who are so willing to call a coach a failure for things out of his control after a year in the position just make me shake my head.
    This type of play calling makes the rest of us shake our heads:

1st down: RUTM, no gain
    2nd down: RUTM or bubble screen, loss of three yards
    3rd & long: Ben help!

Legend

User Info Menu

Arians had the O moving but they always stalled out in the red zone. I used to curse when they got a 1st and goal at the 5 b/c you just knew it would be a nightmare trying to score a TD. When they got to the 50 I'd start praying for a long ball that would get into the endzone. His last 3 years his RZ TD pct was 48.2%, 48%, 51%. Terrible. F. Hopefully they've got a plan to get that better this year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Mark Madden is a one-trick pony...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain QB View Post
    I expect them to get with the times and understand that time of possession is a meaningless stat.
    It's less about the time and more about the quality of control. It's about imposing your will onto another team and breaking them...forcing them to submit. That is what TOP is supposed to measure...but I agree it is a poor measure of such.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    nobody has called him a failure.

he certainly has a lot of room for improvement. To say otherwise is absurd.
    This O needs to show improvement that I will agree with.