Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Madden: Steelers Wasting BIg Ben

Legend

User Info Menu

establishing a rushing game is not a waste of Ben's talent any more than it was a waste of John Elway's talent to have Terrell Davis providing a running threat.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    establishing a rushing game is not a waste of Ben's talent any more than it was a waste of John Elway's talent to have Terrell Davis providing a running threat.
    Establishing a running game doesn't waste a QB's talent, but handcuffing him until the 4th quarter when you need him to bail the team out does waste his talents.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    The Denver game showed me that holding onto the ball doesn't matter unless you are putting up points. Nothing worse than watching us hold the ball for 14 minutes and run 40 plays to score 7 points... and then watch the Broncos run 3 plays in 20 seconds and score 7 points.
    If other teams can routinely score three play touchdowns you will lose regardless of how you play offense. That is a defense problem.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 08-19-2013 at 05:06 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain QB View Post
    Establishing a running game doesn't waste a QB's talent, but handcuffing him until the 4th quarter when you need him to bail the team out does waste his talents.
    Funny how THIS EXACT strategy got Flacco a ring AND entry into the Big BUCKS CLUB of QBs. Yeah, THAT Superbowl run was a "waste of the QBs talents".
    But throwing 40 times to pad Ben's fantasy football numbers is more important that winning rings right?
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 08-19-2013 at 04:56 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    That strategy got Flacco a ring AND entry into the Big BUCKS CLUB of QBs.
    But throwing 40 times to pad Ben's fantasy football numbers is more important that winning rings right?
    And handcuffing the QB until the 4th quarter is considered a winning formula?
    Hey, trying to relive the 70's is more important than winning rings, right?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain QB View Post
    And handcuffing the QB until the 4th quarter is considered a winning formula?
    Hey, trying to relive the 70's is more important than winning rings, right?
    No need to go back to the 70s.....
    I am just trying to "relive" the kind of balance that history has shown ALWAYS results in winning seasons for Ben.

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    If other teams can routinely score three play touchdowns you will lose regardless of how you play offense. That is a defense problem.
    3 play TD drives arent routine...

I would just like to see some points to go along with this time of possession trophy.

Legend

User Info Menu

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    I agree with the article, and judging from the first preseason game where most of the passes was 10 yds or less. It still looks dink and donk to me. And I don't buy the bad Ol bs. Aaron Rodgers get sacked just as much if not more and I think him and Ben are more alike than Ben and Brady, where they are better fit for the long ball offense.
    Yes, in a meaningless preseason game with OTs who are struggling to protect Ben as it is, lets call slower developing plays that make Ben hold the ball EVEN LONGER. We need to make sure he can take the punishment before the season starts.

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Arians had the O moving but they always stalled out in the red zone. I used to curse when they got a 1st and goal at the 5 b/c you just knew it would be a nightmare trying to score a TD. When they got to the 50 I'd start praying for a long ball that would get into the endzone. His last 3 years his RZ TD pct was 48.2%, 48%, 51%. Terrible. F. Hopefully they've got a plan to get that better this year.
    a bad OL combined with a RB who like to spin instead of hitting a jole will do that.

combine that with 'midget' type receivers who dont really have a physical mismatch against their DB counterparts and its no wonder why it struggled

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    3 play TD drives arent routine...

I would just like to see some points to go along with this time of possession trophy.
    Your original scenario WAS that we scored a TD, followed by a quick TD by the opponent. We DID score. THAT was the basis of my reply.

Your comment here I can agree with completely. We need to end drive with scores.

This team scored more points:
    1. Ben's first two years under BC.
    Ben went 13-0 in year one with Ben throwing more than 25 times ONCE. THAT team SCORED more than we have seen lately.
    Crash's problem is that he equates letting Ben loose with scoring.
    We have done that and SCORED LESS. AND hurt our defense for not controling the ball.

Highest scoring seasons with Ben.

2007- First year under BA offense, ONLY TIME he called run more than pass.
    2005- Ben's second season- Lowest pass attempts as a game one starter.

TCFCLTC-