Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 96

Thread: Madden: Steelers Wasting BIg Ben

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    I was talking about the Denver playoff game in 2011. What are you talking about.
    We were talking about the terrible play calling in that week 1 game in Denver.

    Speaking of which, how'd the defense do in that wild card game in Denver?

  2. #82
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,895
    Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    Stafford was sacked on a greater percentage then Ben was last season. Brees has been sacked 50 + times, and once 64 times in past seasons, once while winning the Super Bowl. Romo sacked 51 times last season. So No, you are wrong. I know Brady, and Manning have had low sacked numbers. But that is mostly cause their teams offensive schemes allow the QB for a quick read or safety valve pass IF the defense brings quick pressure. And if that is what we are doing now with Halely, have quicker, shorter routes, and have a safety valve receiver like or RB or FB, then I see no reason to fear a great amount of sacks. Therefor, no reason to NOT allow Ben to pass 600 + times. Even with our current O-Line.
    Nice way to make up numbers to support an argument. Romo was sacked 36 times last season. Brees has never been sacked more than 27 times in a season. Roethlisberger has ONLY ONE SEASON WITH LESS THAN 27 times!!! Ben's sack rate is double that of the top 5 QBs. There is no way BR can survive a 500 pass season. It won't happen and I am thankful team management realizes that and is taking steps to address it.

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Nice way to make up numbers to support an argument. Romo was sacked 36 times last season. Brees has never been sacked more than 27 times in a season. Roethlisberger has ONLY ONE SEASON WITH LESS THAN 27 times!!! Ben's sack rate is double that of the top 5 QBs. There is no way BR can survive a 500 pass season. It won't happen and I am thankful team management realizes that and is taking steps to address it.
    So after failed RUTMs on the first two downs, how is putting Ben in all those third and long situations keeping him safe?

  4. #84
    Pro Bowler Steelhere10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    man from Sudan
    Posts
    1,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain QB View Post
    So after failed RUTMs on the first two downs, how is putting Ben in all those third and long situations keeping him safe?
    Because the article is true!! Haley is not for Ben he is an OC for the likes of Brady. I seriously don't know who's idea it was but it was a terrible decision. Run , run, dink and donk screen game is so simple. Why even pay Brown , Ben and Heath if you are going to run this offense.

  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Because the article is true!! Haley is not for Ben he is an OC for the likes of Brady. I seriously don't know who's idea it was but it was a terrible decision. Run , run, dink and donk screen game is so simple. Why even pay Brown , Ben and Heath if you are going to run this offense.
    Because it's what Art II wants. The guy is like a quieter version of Jerry Jones.

    Dan really needs to put his son on a leash.

  6. #86
    I'm going to have to agree with this post.....

  7. #87
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,042
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain QB View Post
    Because it's what Art II wants. The guy is like a quieter version of Jerry Jones.

    Dan really needs to put his son on a leash.
    I'm starting to agree with you more and more...

    IMO this franchise looks like it's trying too hard to go against the grain. Maybe it will pan out 5 years from now when the D's start figuring out how to stop high powered offenses and the league goes back to big bruising backs and Marty Ball...

    That screen pass INT said it all... we aren't even trying to put drives together.

  8. #88
    You know what this boils down to is play calling. Whether its Haley, Arians, or Ray freakin Sherman, we need to be able to put a drive together that results in touchdowns on a consistent basis. We didnt do that when Arians was here, and we havent done it enough under Haley either.

    Fact of the matter is you need to run and pass effectively to be a great offense. As long as we are putting scoring drives together I really dont care which we do more often.

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I'm starting to agree with you more and more...

    IMO this franchise looks like it's trying too hard to go against the grain. Maybe it will pan out 5 years from now when the D's start figuring out how to stop high powered offenses and the league goes back to big bruising backs and Marty Ball...

    That screen pass INT said it all... we aren't even trying to put drives together.
    Considering how the rules have changed over the last few years to favor passing, and the fact that the NFL likes to pimp-out star QBs, I don't think we'll be seeing a shift any time soon.

    But let's say you're right and in 5 or 6 years the NFL will shift back to being more of a ball control league.... how many mediocre to bad seasons will the Steelers have in between trying to go against the grain? How many years of Ben's career would have been wasted?

    At some point, they need to stop worrying about being right and worry about winning.

  10. #90
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,042
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain QB View Post
    Considering how the rules have changed over the last few years to favor passing, and the fact that the NFL likes to pimp-out star QBs, I don't think we'll be seeing a shift any time soon.

    But let's say you're right and in 5 or 6 years the NFL will shift back to being more of a ball control league.... how many mediocre to bad seasons will the Steelers have in between trying to go against the grain? How many years of Ben's career would have been wasted?

    At some point, they need to stop worrying about being right and worry about winning.
    career will be over...

    and we will talk about "the good ole days" with Arians (who was so bad he couldn't get a HC job)

    oh wait... lol.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •