Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: He's no longer a Steelers but Wallace

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He's no longer a Steelers but Wallace

Is looking good for the Phins. He caught a deep pass down the sideline and did some nice toe action to stay in bounds, then later in the drive caught aTD. He's gone and I don't think we miss a beat but I didn't think he could perform under Tannenhan.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

did this really need another thread?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Is looking good for the Phins. He caught a deep pass down the sideline and did some nice toe action to stay in bounds, then later in the drive caught aTD. He's gone and I don't think we miss a beat but I didn't think he could perform under Tannenhan.
    I hope he creates problems for NE 2x a year. I hope Ike shuts him down when we play them. And I hope we win the SuperBowl and are better without him.

I remember a time when fans weren't so happy we had star WR leave. We then won a SuperBowl with arguably one of our worst receiving corps in ages. We're gonna be alright. We'll win with the guys that are here.

Another positive I see is team chemistry. Guys like Wally and Lewis were a drain on this team's morale. I'd rather have a solid group of guys that want to be here and are all on the same page with the same goal.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    did this really need another thread?
    obviously yes

Legend

User Info Menu

Mike Wallace is the 3rd highest paid WR in the NFL (only CJ and LF make more). For the Dolphins sake, he better make scoring TDs a regular occurrence.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Mike Wallace is the 3rd highest paid WR in the NFL (only CJ and LF make more). For the Dolphins sake, he better make scoring TDs a regular occurrence.

That's not really true. Andre Johnson gets way more. And, there have been several contracts that pay more in the Guarantee part of the deal. Remember, Wallace took 16 million LESS from Miami then what Minny offered him. So please don't call him out for wanting only the money. Wallace was truly a HIGH CHARACTER guy for us. No matter what some Vets said underneith their breath, or after he left...Cowards all of them.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    That's not really true. Andre Johnson gets way more. And, there have been several contracts that pay more in the Guarantee part of the deal. Remember, Wallace took 16 million LESS from Miami then what Minny offered him. So please don't call him out for wanting only the money. Wallace was truly a HIGH CHARACTER guy for us. No matter what some Vets said underneith their breath, or after he left...Cowards all of them.
    his base is 3rd in the NFL, his guaranteed money is top 3, tied with Fitz at $27M, (because he is on a new team, his cap hit doesnt rank in the top 10).

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Wallace was truly a HIGH CHARACTER guy for us. No matter what some Vets said underneith their breath, or after he left...Cowards all of them.
    "Us"? As in your Patriots? Sorry but Wallace never played for your Pats and you as a Pats fan should know that better than anyone.

Legend

User Info Menu

Wallaces dad is the source for the Minnesota contract... not sure if its true but if so, it proves Wallace wanted to play for a warm weather team.

I really hope the board doesnt report every TD or catch from Wallace... he will do both, he was paid big money to do these things.

Legend

User Info Menu

That's not really true. Andre Johnson gets way more. And, there have been several contracts that pay more in the Guarantee part of the deal. Remember, Wallace took 16 million LESS from Miami then what Minny offered him. So please don't call him out for wanting only the money.
    you have to keep in mind that Florida has no state income tax however, whereas Minnesota does so that evens out the contracts quite a bit.

and yes, for Mike Wallace it was all about the money (and playing in warm weather).
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha