Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ben R. said to Merrill Hoge This Offseason: "this is the best ...."

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    Sorry but preseason games DO count in that the first team offense, at least in the first few series of the game needs to show something. I mean did anyone catch the Pats game yesterday ? Well I did, and it was poetry in motion. Brady was 11 for 11 before he had a incompletion, and that was his WR fault. He is like 24-26 so far in his 2 games for 375 Yds, 5 TD's and 0 Interceptions with a 176.0 QB rating. And this without ONE single returning offensive skill player this season.

Sorry. I Love Ben, but, Tom Brady is a "MAN"...as where Ben is a "Boy". And so far, and I HOPE Monday night looks better cause, like it or not, preseason DOES tell the tale people. The outcome is not Important. But the cohesiveness of the first team offense is.
    Not that you're at ALL prone to exaggeration, but here are Brady's preseason numbers so far through 2 games:

18-20 for 172 yards and 2 TD's

Brady's a great QB, no doubt, but he doesn't need you padding his stats for him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Sorry but preseason games DO count in that the first team offense, at least in the first few series of the game needs to show something. I mean did anyone catch the Pats game yesterday ? Well I did, and it was poetry in motion. Brady was 11 for 11 before he had a incompletion, and that was his WR fault. He is like 24-26 so far in his 2 games for 375 Yds, 5 TD's and 0 Interceptions with a 176.0 QB rating. And this without ONE single returning offensive skill player this season.

Sorry. I Love Ben, but, Tom Brady is a "GIRLIE-MAN"...as where Ben is a "BAD-Boy". And so far, and I HOPE Monday night looks better cause, like it or not, preseason DOES tell the tale people. The outcome is not Important. But the cohesiveness of the first team offense is.
    Fixed that for ya
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

No I am not a Patriots fan. I am a realist though. I mean it is Impressive where a team loses 7 of it's skill offensive players from last season, and yet it looks like their QB and the offense hasn't missed a beat. I just wanna see some cohesiveness from our own offense.
    Your schtick is getting stale and you're as transparent as Saran Wrap.

Backup

User Info Menu

So you are not Impressed by Brady, and the Pats ? I'd like to see Ben go 11-11 like Tom did last night against a 1st team defense. Especially when Ben has alot of skill players he has played with for years. As where Brady doesn't have a single one.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

So you are not Impressed by Brady, and the Pats ? I'd like to see Ben go 11-11 like Tom did last night against a 1st team defense. Especially when Ben has alot of skill players he has played with for years. As where Brady doesn't have a single one.
    Completely different QB's. Drop the Mel Blount rule for a couple of seasons and Brady, Brees, P.Manning, etc would all be completing 50% of their passes while Ben would be thriving. Ben's a throwback to when QB's were men, not just some head coach's system QB.
    Last edited by The Man of Steel; 08-18-2013 at 04:04 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    Completely different QB's. Drop the Mel Blount rule for a couple of seasons and Brady, Brees, P.Manning, etc would all be completing 50% of their passes while Ben would be thriving. Ben's a throwback to when QB's were men, not just some head coach's system QB.
    Not one QB in the league today or in the past would survive the beating from today's bigger, stronger, and faster defensive players if they had to play under the rules of the 70's.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Tom Brady and his success is one part his own skill and two parts the system. It's dink and dunk, with the occasional shot down field. He also has an eternity in the pocket with one of the better offensive lines in the NFL. The Steelers offensive line is just coming together. Danny Amendola when healthy is a better receiver than anyone they had on their roster last season. Outside of Randy Moss he's the best they've had in a while. He's Wes Welker, with more size and better routes. It's also the damn preseason. As others have said you're welcome is quickly wearing out. Each and every post you make is someone veiled in a load of bull. We had one that seemed to of fell of the face of the earth just like you not long ago. It's funny that another one crops up now. I'm all for posting opinions that go against the grain BUT they better be based in some sort of reality. As of now you seem like you're posting from the moon. Give it a rest.

EDIT: Why do you think Bellicheat always seems to plug and play players in to that offense without slowing down? Tom Brady is good but Bill B. is the reason that team is in the thick of things year in and year out. I don't like the guy but that's the truth.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    Not one QB in the league today or in the past would survive the beating from today's bigger, stronger, and faster defensive players if they had to play under the rules of the 70's.
    If the 70s rules were in play, we would have signed Harrison for whatever he wanted. Heck there wouldn't be any QBs left in the league besides Ben. Although, I'm sure Ben would be dead from a hit by Ngata already.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Gotta roll my eyes at how south this discussion went. Once September rolls around Brady's excellent preseason numbers will mean as much as the Bills 2-0 record.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Merrill Hoge said in a personal conversation with Ben Roethlisberger this offseason "this is the best Offensive Line I've ever had" ... I would say our Interior 3 are the best he's had since 2005. I might be thinking he said that when Max Starks was unsigned and he was assuming he'd eventually be his LT this year. My biggest concern with the OLINE is DEPTH. if someone goes down this unit is THIN.
    Ben has always been the biggest supporter of his Olinemen. No surprise that he is pumping them up again as always. "Who's laughing now OLine?"