Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should the Steelers look to trade Jerricho Cotchery ?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    Here are my thoughts.....No. 5th rounders occasionally make the team. Cotchery is a proven veteran. No value comparison there. Subtract Cotchery and add Moye...we decrease our WR talent level for no apparent reason. Finally, it is usually good to keep a wily veteran at each position who can be a group leader. Age stratified position tends to be more stable than relying on a bunch of rookies.
    100% YES to this
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

A few of our young wr's have looked terrific at camp but they are still unproven. JC is a proven pro and that likely keeps him with us. Got to talk a bit to JC as well at camp and he was very positive with the fans not just with me.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Hell No!! What are the odds of our WRs staying healthy the entire year? It's great having a guy with Cotchery's ability coming off the bench to being able to contribute right away. Plus, with not knowing when Heath will be back we will probably run more 4 receiver sets with Cotch being that 4th receiver. The guy is too good to essentially give away.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Is anyone else glad that Burress is out of the equation and there will be no temptation to pick Burress over Cotchery?

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Is anyone else glad that Burress is out of the equation and there will be no temptation to pick Burress over Cotchery?

I'm not glad he was hurt. But I do think Burress was finished. He was so slow according to reports. Not sudden quickness at all. But I see your point.

Legend

User Info Menu

Crotchery is still on the team?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    I'm not glad he was hurt. But I do think Burress was finished. He was so slow according to reports. Not sudden quickness at all. But I see your point.
    I agree. Not glad he is hurt but sure glad the temptation was removed because I think he proved he was done last season.