Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eddie Lacy. Would that be so bad?

Starter

User Info Menu

Eddie Lacy. Would that be so bad?

While I must say RB isn't at the top of the list as far as needs go, getting a bell cow RB may be just the thing this offense needs to start scoring more points and get back into contention.

There doesn't seem to be alot of sure things in this draft. Eddie Lacy seems like one of them. I realize that taking a RB early isn't the "fashionable" thing to do in todays pro-pass league, but is passing up on this guy the smarter move?

I just feel like he is one of the surest picks out there. And this year, there doesn't seem to be that many.

While I have advocated a pick like J. Jones or Rhodes at 17, and taking a RB later in round 3, I would be just fine with Lacy at 17.

...'course I could be getting nervous and am scrambling for some kind of terra firma in this "who knows" 2013 draft.

Here We Go, Steelers!

Legend

User Info Menu

In the second round, I wouldn't complain. At #17, I would have a fit.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

The more I see of Lacy the more I want him. His story on E:60 was pretty inspiring.

I would love to get him in the second but I doubt he will be available.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I've been hearing a lot of Cincy having interest in Lacy as well.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

The Steelers need better production from the RB position next season, but Chadman isn't sure adding Lacy to a RB group that includes Dwyer & Redman is giving the Steelers enough options at RB- essentially, Dwyer/Redman are the same type of player.

The Steelers will add a RB, Chadman suspects a more agile, quick type.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Legend

User Info Menu

It would be so bad at 17. But I'm half expecting the Steelers to do something like this and grab a non essential position at 17 like an ILB, OG, RB, etc.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    The Steelers need better production from the RB position next season, but Chadman isn't sure adding Lacy to a RB group that includes Dwyer & Redman is giving the Steelers enough options at RB- essentially, Dwyer/Redman are the same type of player.

Would not be surprised by Gio Bernard or Jon Franklin.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

I wouldn't have a fit with Lacy at 17 though I do think it bit of a reach. He won't make it out of the first round.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

NFL scout: Eddie Lacy 'a steal' for Green Bay Packers

By Marc Sessler
    Around the League Writer
    Published: Aug. 18, 2013

Mike McCarthy has a nice problem on his hands.

The Green Bay Packers coach this week called running back DuJuan Harris "a starter on our football team," but rookie Eddie Lacy is playing well enough to reshuffle the pecking order.

Lacy was a revelation in Saturday's 19-7 preseason win over the St. Louis Rams. The former Alabama bruiser displayed power and agility, slamming into defenders and giving the Rams more than they could handle. His 40 yards on eight carries, more importantly, gave the Packers an identity on the ground.

McCarthy acknowledged Lacy "clearly took advantage of his opportunities." With Harris sidelined by a knee injury, Lacy's debut was a joy to watch: Hammering would-be tacklers, juking others and piling up yards after contact. Chris Wesseling said it best:

"They got a steal getting (Lacy) where they got him," one NFL scout told Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. "I thought he was going to go earlier. He's as advertised."

Harris isn't out of the picture, but the Packers -- after a long dry spell at the position -- have one of football's more tantalizing stable of backs. The big winner here is Aaron Rodgers. After being leaned on do to it all through the air, Green Bay will attack teams with a more balanced offense in 2013, one that keeps teams guessing.

After the Packers were made to look like children in January's playoff loss to the San Francisco 49ers, McCarthy preached that this year's team would exude toughness first. Lacy will lead the way.

[URL]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000231461/article/nfl-scout-eddie-lacy-a-steal-for-green-bay-packers[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post

after seeing him play today, he is nothing like dwyer or redman

he looked very good