Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: More Camp Updates

Backup

User Info Menu

Very good read friend. Very, very good read.
    Steeler Nation in Spain

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    I heard that Hebron Fangupo has passed Alameda Ta'amu at NT He got almost all the Reps today, and looked really good.

Also read where the Steelers have pretty much decided their top-5 WR, and Brown is the 5th, along with Brown-Sanders-Wheaton, and Cotchery. And Al Woods got about 40 snaps as 1st team DE, and the rest at NT...looks like he will get some real PT this next preseason game.
    DL who we have heard about looking good so far during camp - Fangupo, McLendon, Ta'amu, Woods. Everyone it seems but Heyward and Hood.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    DL who we have heard about looking good so far during camp - Fangupo, McLendon, Ta'amu, Woods. Everyone it seems but Heyward and Hood.

I think this year we run 7 DL: McLendon, Keisel, Heyward, Woods, Fangupo, Ta´amu and Hood in his final year if he doesn´t have a great year.

Maybe with the new freedom from Lebeau he proves why he was a first round.
    Steeler Nation in Spain

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSpain View Post
    I think this year we run 7 DL: McLendon, Keisel, Heyward, Woods, Fangupo, Ta´amu and Hood in his final year if he doesn´t have a great year.

Maybe with the new freedom from Lebeau he proves why he was a first round.

I will be surprised if both Fangupo and Ta'amu are on the active roster... that would be 3 NT's. One of them probably will go to the PS (Fangupo) and I could see another young DE making the final roster... Arrnfelt? With Williams to the PS?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
    I will be surprised if both Fangupo and Ta'amu are on the active roster... that would be 3 NT's. One of them probably will go to the PS (Fangupo) and I could see another young DE making the final roster... Arrnfelt? With Williams to the PS?
    Remember NT is the hardest position to find on a 3-4 DL and keeping three would provide the ability to trade in the future. Also keep in mind they have discussed McLendon having the ability to move to DE. That is great flexibility if both Kiesel and Hood leave next year.

Williams and Arnfelt need to go to the PS.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Backup

User Info Menu

I'm not saying he is totally void of talent, but I might consider trading Ziggy Hood. It appears to me that Ziggy is best suited for a 4-man DL. He just seems to me..( At times )...Ziggy looks disinterested in a 3-4 set. He knows he usually an't accumulate statistis playing in that type of formation. And Ziigy looks like a guy who WANTS Stats!! I feel Woods has shown more then enough to man that spot. But, I also think Ziggy has more trade value to a teams that does play a 4-3 defense, and who are thin at D-Linemen. I would rather try to deal Ziggy now, then have to just let him walk away, and we get nothing for him.

Backup

User Info Menu

I'm not saying he is totally void of talent, but I might consider trading Ziggy Hood. It appears to me that Ziggy is best suited for a 4-man DL. He just seems to me..( At times )...Ziggy looks disinterested in a 3-4 set. He knows he usually an't accumulate statistis playing in that type of formation. And Ziigy looks like a guy who WANTS Stats!! I feel Woods has shown more then enough to man that spot. But, I also think Ziggy has more trade value to a teams that does play a 4-3 defense, and who are thin at D-Linemen. I would rather try to deal Ziggy now, then have to just let him walk away, and we get nothing for him.
    Works for me. Hood is a total waste in the 3-4. I don't expect the steelers will trade him. They'll probably let him leave after the season.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Works for me. Hood is a total waste in the 3-4. I don't expect the steelers will trade him. They'll probably let him leave after the season.

That's my main point exactly. I mean Hood is in his final year of his 5 year deal. And, unless the Steelers vastly over pay him, why would Hood stay in a system he probably doesn't like all that much ? And there is little chance the Steelers franchise tag him after this season, guaranteeing him top-5 DE money. So even if we take a loss, I might deal him. Especially if the Steelers think that either Woods or Mclemdon can fill the void.

Backup

User Info Menu

That's my main point exactly. I mean Hood is in his final year of his 5 year deal. And, unless the Steelers vastly over pay him, why would Hood stay in a system he probably doesn't like all that much ? And there is little chance the Steelers franchise tag him after this season, guaranteeing him top-5 DE money. So even if we take a loss, I might deal him. Especially if the Steelers think that either Woods or Mclemdon can fill the void.
    The Steelers don't trade players very often. I'd love a trade but realistically I see them letting him walk after the season. There is NO way he gets tagged. I wouldn't have him back for the rookie contract he signed.

Legend

User Info Menu

I heard that Hebron Fangupo has passed Alameda Ta'amu at NT He got almost all the Reps today, and looked really good.
    Fagupo looks more like a NT than McClendon, Ta'amu, or Woods. I think Woods and McClendon have positional flexibility and can play DE, so maybe it opens a spot for one other NT on the roster and maybe we can stash the other on the practice squad. It's hard to tell much about the NTs at practice when the players aren't in pads.