Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mike Wallace's departure could prove beneficial for Steelers

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Go Dolphins????
    ??

is the thread not about him? could have sworn i saw 'mike wallace' in the title

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    ??

is the thread not about him? could have sworn i saw 'mike wallace' in the title
    I thought it was about his departure and what our WRs can/will do to fill the void.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    From someone who should know. Wheaton will be far better than Wallace in a very short period of time.
    IMO its not about being better than Wallace... especially in Haleys offense. As long as the unit is better as a whole I will be happy.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

you guys talk like this haley offense is magical and will be around for years.

if he can't find ways to get the football into the endzone he should be fired after this season. I've never seen a more pedestrian offense led by a franchise QB.

as far as clarks comments, they seem pretty stupid to me. There is no reason to put that kind of pressure on wheaton and raise fans expectations. He should really just shut his mouth sometimes, but that seems impossible for him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post

if he can't find ways to get the football into the endzone he should be fired after this season. I've never seen a more pedestrian offense led by a franchise QB.

as far as clarks comments, they seem pretty stupid to me. There is no reason to put that kind of pressure on wheaton and raise fans expectations. He should really just shut his mouth sometimes, but that seems impossible for him.

Is there an OC who can make Ben and the fans happy? I doubt it...

Who said Haleys offense is magical? Its the O we have right now so we have to reference it but outside of keeping Ben "cleaner" I have yet to see the benefits. I think we need to give him more than half a year with Ben to see if its going to work.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 08-18-2013 at 01:30 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    IMO its not about being better than Wallace... especially in Haleys offense. As long as the unit is better as a whole I will be happy.
    will it be better as a unit this year? we'll see. i like what the kid offers so far

would it have been better then last year with wallace, brown, AND wheaton (minus maybe sanders who we then didnt need to re sign and taken a 3rd round pick)? yeah, pretty easily i would think

Legend

User Info Menu

there's a lot of passes going to paulsen and johnson at training camp. the offense really is evolving. howling was running well in the first preseason game, that looks different to me.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post

My don't we have high expectations. Ben in a brand new offense last season, missed 3 games and wasn't even himself for another 2 games. All that, and he still ended up with 26 TDs. Project out over a full season and that's 31 TDs. Which would happen to rank as his second highest.
    Not even factoring in those missed games, his total was still tied for his second best production. Not sure what you are expecting, but the offense was coming along fine before Ben's injury.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    will it be better as a unit this year? we'll see. i like what the kid offers so far

would it have been better then last year with wallace, brown, AND wheaton (minus maybe sanders who we then didnt need to re sign and taken a 3rd round pick)? yeah, pretty easily i would think
    Wallace wanted big bucks and warm weather... he's gone.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

project stats all you want. I would rather watch the games and draw my own conclusions.

The offense did not do a very good job generating points with more than enough weapons, IMO.

without bens unsustainable 3rd down numbers early, this offense looks even worse.