Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35

Thread: Mike Wallace's departure could prove beneficial for Steelers

  1. #21
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,160
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Go Dolphins????
    ??

    is the thread not about him? could have sworn i saw 'mike wallace' in the title

  2. #22
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,891
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    ??

    is the thread not about him? could have sworn i saw 'mike wallace' in the title
    I thought it was about his departure and what our WRs can/will do to fill the void.

  3. #23
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,891
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    From someone who should know. Wheaton will be far better than Wallace in a very short period of time.
    IMO its not about being better than Wallace... especially in Haleys offense. As long as the unit is better as a whole I will be happy.

  4. #24
    you guys talk like this haley offense is magical and will be around for years.

    if he can't find ways to get the football into the endzone he should be fired after this season. I've never seen a more pedestrian offense led by a franchise QB.

    as far as clarks comments, they seem pretty stupid to me. There is no reason to put that kind of pressure on wheaton and raise fans expectations. He should really just shut his mouth sometimes, but that seems impossible for him.

  5. #25
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,891
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    you guys talk like this haley offense is magical and will be around for years.

    if he can't find ways to get the football into the endzone he should be fired after this season. I've never seen a more pedestrian offense led by a franchise QB.

    as far as clarks comments, they seem pretty stupid to me. There is no reason to put that kind of pressure on wheaton and raise fans expectations. He should really just shut his mouth sometimes, but that seems impossible for him.

    Is there an OC who can make Ben and the fans happy? I doubt it...

    Who said Haleys offense is magical? Its the O we have right now so we have to reference it but outside of keeping Ben "cleaner" I have yet to see the benefits. I think we need to give him more than half a year with Ben to see if its going to work.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 08-18-2013 at 01:30 PM.

  6. #26
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,160
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    IMO its not about being better than Wallace... especially in Haleys offense. As long as the unit is better as a whole I will be happy.
    will it be better as a unit this year? we'll see. i like what the kid offers so far


    would it have been better then last year with wallace, brown, AND wheaton (minus maybe sanders who we then didnt need to re sign and taken a 3rd round pick)? yeah, pretty easily i would think

  7. #27
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,368
    there's a lot of passes going to paulsen and johnson at training camp. the offense really is evolving. howling was running well in the first preseason game, that looks different to me.

  8. #28
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,864
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    you guys talk like this haley offense is magical and will be around for years.

    if he can't find ways to get the football into the endzone he should be fired after this season. I've never seen a more pedestrian offense led by a franchise QB.

    as far as clarks comments, they seem pretty stupid to me. There is no reason to put that kind of pressure on wheaton and raise fans expectations. He should really just shut his mouth sometimes, but that seems impossible for him.
    My don't we have high expectations. Ben in a brand new offense last season, missed 3 games and wasn't even himself for another 2 games. All that, and he still ended up with 26 TDs. Project out over a full season and that's 31 TDs. Which would happen to rank as his second highest.
    Not even factoring in those missed games, his total was still tied for his second best production. Not sure what you are expecting, but the offense was coming along fine before Ben's injury.

  9. #29
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,891
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    will it be better as a unit this year? we'll see. i like what the kid offers so far


    would it have been better then last year with wallace, brown, AND wheaton (minus maybe sanders who we then didnt need to re sign and taken a 3rd round pick)? yeah, pretty easily i would think
    Wallace wanted big bucks and warm weather... he's gone.

  10. #30
    project stats all you want. I would rather watch the games and draw my own conclusions.

    The offense did not do a very good job generating points with more than enough weapons, IMO.

    without bens unsustainable 3rd down numbers early, this offense looks even worse.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •