Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gilbert aka Baby Huey

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    As long as he is falling forward. I also focused on him and saw him get bull-rushed and knocked way backwards and out of control of himself.
    $$$$
    Not impressed with Mr. Gilbert. But since we have little depth, I hope he turns it around and becomes a bona-fide road grader in the running game, and a mauler (of opponents) in the passing game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Is a beast in run blocking... I just rewatched the game and the kid can road grade. Still don't trust him in pass protection and durability is a concern.
    I haven't seen the replay yet but heard the same thing - that he really moved some people at times.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yes. I'd like to see that list, too.
    Me too, I was only able to come up with 320.

Legend

User Info Menu

As long as he is falling forward. I also focused on him and saw him get bull-rushed and knocked way backwards and out of control of himself.
    I have NO LOVE for Gilbert... but I will give him credit when it's due. The guy can run block pretty well..... everything else is a problem though.

I just felt the need to make 1 positive post for him this year. The rest will be "Gilbert hurt again"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I have NO LOVE for Gilbert... but I will give him credit when it's due. The guy can run block pretty well..... everything else is a problem though.

I just felt the need to make 1 positive post for him this year. The rest will be "Gilbert hurt again"
    That would be better than "DeCastro hurt by Gilbert again."

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bostonsteeler View Post
    I want some of that stuff you've been smoking...

This kid was the greatest weapon our opponents had all of last season. He singlehandedly caused more damage than any team. Every time I saw him within 6 feet of another linesman or running back or the QB, I cringed. He's a walking disaster, and can lay the entire O to waste.
    Pleased to meet you.

Hope you guessed my name.

I'll lay your soul to waste.

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.