Thread: Any word on Bell's knee?

Legend

User Info Menu

Any word on Bell's knee?

I'm surprised no one on here is talking about this...but how is Bell's knee? Any word? Back in practice?

Legend

User Info Menu

He practiced Monday and looked good.

Starter

User Info Menu

NOTES -- Le'Veon Bell returned to practice and ran hard and made sharp cuts. ... Rookie CB Terry Hawthorne also returned to the practice field after missing most of the first two weeks of camp with a knee injury, which also kept him out of spring practices. ... ILB Stevenson Sylvester suffered a sprained ankle Saturday night when he took a hit from teammate Markus Wheaton. Sylvester said he'll return to practice Thursday. ... The Steelers finished practice without their second-team guards when Chris Hubbard didn't suit up and Justin Cheadle was carted off with a leg injury. ... NT Steve McLendon was permitted to join his wife, who was due with their child yesterday.

This is good news on Bell.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

It is good news on Bell, I'd like to see him line up against someone else's guys instead of ours for a few plays.
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm not sure why I am so scared that Bell will get hurt...maybe I think much of this season is going to ride on his legs.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    NOTES -- Le'Veon Bell returned to practice and ran hard and made sharp cuts. ... Rookie CB Terry Hawthorne also returned to the practice field after missing most of the first two weeks of camp with a knee injury, which also kept him out of spring practices. ... ILB Stevenson Sylvester suffered a sprained ankle Saturday night when he took a hit from teammate Markus Wheaton. Sylvester said he'll return to practice Thursday. ... The Steelers finished practice without their second-team guards when Chris Hubbard didn't suit up and Justin Cheadle was carted off with a leg injury. ... NT Steve McLendon was permitted to join his wife, who was due with their child yesterday.

This is good news on Bell.
    Good news on Bell and Hawthorne. Horrible news for Sylvester. A guy fighting for his life for a job, and he gets knocked out by a 5' 11", 182lb WR.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I'm not sure why I am so scared that Bell will get hurt...maybe I think much of this season is going to ride on his legs.
    Im the same way. I really think Bell may prove to be the best back we have had since a young Bettis. When I heard he was out with a knee I about spit Miller Lite on the TV.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Horrible news for Sylvester. A guy fighting for his life for a job, and he gets knocked out by a 5' 11", 182lb WR.
    I was at the game, and I'm surprised it was not worse. Sly makes the tackle, gets up, and then Wheaton's body comes flying at his knees out of nowhere while Sly's cleats are planted in the turf. Could have easily been a Spence-like injury.

Seems like Sly's been outplayed by Marshall McFadden in this camp, though. After spending most of last season on the practice squad, McFadden seems to have learned what it takes to be a Steeler and could be our next UDFA find.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.