Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another Day At Training Camp

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    On the autograph thing, I've never been to training camp, but I did hit spring training once. For the most part, the guys most willing to sign were the minor leaguers and the younger fringe players. The stars would jump into a tinted out SUV or whatever and blast through the parking lot. The younger guys spent a lot of time engaging.

I'm not sure if you have this as much with football, but there were a ton of adults trying to get signatures who very clearly intended to sell the memorobilia. I would be annoyed by that and wouldn't sign, either.

By the way, Flippy, thanks for the camp reports.
    I probably wouldn't sign either. But I'd talk to the kids and pose for pics. The adults trying to get autographs seems kinda silly to me.

Legend

User Info Menu

Thanks for the camp updates Flip

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I probably wouldn't sign either. But I'd talk to the kids and pose for pics. The adults trying to get autographs seems kinda silly to me.
    Unless you are getting one for your kid, yeah, I hear ya.

Legend

User Info Menu

I like autographed sports memorbilia. Does't seem silly to me in the slightest.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Excellent read & thanks!
    "Let's see...who do we play next Sunday?"

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e152/dart5219/BeliCheat.jpg

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Me too. I don't get the autograph thing. A handshake and a picture seem so much more valuable to me in terms of a memory than some illegible scribble.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Inside the ropes: Steelers work on 2-minute drill

By Mark Kaboly
    Published: Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The Steelers worked on their two-minute drill during practice Wednesday evening at St. Vincent but not with quarterback Ben Roethlisberger or any other first-team skill guys. Steelers coach Mike Tomlin wanted to replicate who likely would be on the field during Monday's game against Washington during a two-minute situation at the end of the half or game. Neither Bruce Gradkowski nor Landry Jones fared well as both threw game-ending interceptions. Josh Victorian intercepted Gradkowski's third-down pass intended for Jerricho Cotchery, and rookie Shamarko Thomas picked off Jones a couple of plays into the third team's reps.

• Rookie outside linebacker Jarvis Jones worked plenty with the first-team defense as Jason Worilds watched from the sidelines. Worilds later returned to the first team, and Jones slid back to the second team.

• Former Steelers offensive line Tunch Ilkin was working with the linebackers on hand drills by having hand target pads on and showing the group the proper way to shed blocks by using their hands.

• Kicker Shaun Suisham is better known for his accuracy than ability to make long kicks. However, Suisham showed off his leg during Family Day at camp Wednesday. He kicked a 60-yard field goal during special teams coach Danny Smith's “May Day” drill, which calls for rushing onto the field for a last-second attempt with the clock running. Suisham's kick would have been good from at least 65 yards.

• The Steelers continued to shuffle their backup offensive linemen. Kelvin Beachum took reps at center and left tackle and John Malecki snaps at center and left guard. Guy Whimper and Mike Golic Jr. continued to play right guard; both started camp at tackle.

• Speedster Reggie Dunn didn't have a chance to show off his speed on special teams during last week's preseason game, but he showed a glimpse as a receiver. During 11-on-11, Dunn crossed the middle, made a catch and outraced Thomas, DaMon Cromartie-Smith and Vince Williams for a substantial gain.

• The Steelers spent a significant time working on underneath passing with a lot of inside crosses, but Roethlisberger was able to let loose on a 50-yard bomb down the right sideline to Emmanuel Sanders that beat Victorian. Roethlisberger was 5 for 5 during the “passer under pressure” drill.

[URL]http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/...#ixzz2c1iLvJTU[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha