Thread: Polamalu accepts responsibility for Victor Cruz's touchdown against Giants

Legend

User Info Menu

Polamalu accepts responsibility for Victor Cruz's touchdown against Giants

For all the anger at our third string corner William Gay, Polamalu accepts responsibility for Victor Cruz's touchdown against Giants

[URL]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/8/12/4613354/steelers-giants-victor-cruz-touchdown-troy-polamalu[/URL]

Was Gay beat? Sure, but Gay anticipated deep help that was not there.

Kudo to Troy who ALWAYS is quick to admit when he makes a tactical error.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Backup

User Info Menu

Love Troy but, he is fodder next year. This will be his last year as a steeler. Not unless he reduces his salary number to less then 200,000 a year. Thats all his current talent level dictates at this time.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    For all the anger at our third string corner William Gay, Polamalu accepts responsibility for Victor Cruz's touchdown against Giants

[URL]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/8/12/4613354/steelers-giants-victor-cruz-touchdown-troy-polamalu[/URL]

Was Gay beat? Sure, but Gay anticipated deep help that was not there.

Kudo to Troy who ALWAYS is quick to admit when he makes a tactical error.
    I think Troy was guessing because Ike stumbled at the LOS giving his guy a clean break at the LOS. If I remember correctly Clark initially went in the other direction too leaving no help at all for Gay who seemed to be playing underneath coverage. So it was like a domino effect where I think Troy, Clark, Ike, and Gay were not on the same page. And it was all on Ike for tripping.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    Love Troy but, he is fodder next year. This will be his last year as a steeler. Not unless he reduces his salary number to less then 200,000 a year. Thats all his current talent level dictates at this time.
    Would not go that far. This has ALWAYS been his way. Nothing to do with ability. He always guesses, usually is right, which is why he makes amazing plays nobody else makes.
    Occasionally, he guesses wrong which can result in a big play. The great plays greatly outweigh the bad ones.

Also, remember this is preseason so if you are going to guess wrong it aint that big a deal.

He might need to take a modest cut for the team, but he still has great value to this team.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Hysterical.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I think Troy was guessing because Ike stumbled at the LOS giving his guy a clean break at the LOS. If I remember correctly Clark initially went in the other direction too leaving no help at all for Gay who seemed to be playing underneath coverage. So it was like a domino effect where I think Troy, Clark, Ike, and Gay were not on the same page. And it was all on Ike for tripping.

Hearing Ike on an interview.....I suspect he is "trippin" way more than we know.

Domino effect makes sense. Yeah, I think preseason creates some perspective.

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    Hysterical.
    Ike aint the only one "trippin"

TCFCLTC-

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    Hysterical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Ike aint the only one "trippin"
    Completely agree. I will try to revisit this thread about 4 games into the season.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Legend

User Info Menu

you are sedated, huh?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha