Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guys making waves at camp

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    It's preseason. It means little.
    except to the guys trying to make their teams...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    It's not even the outcome that bothers me though. Mostly it's the total lack of Discipline. I mean a team with this Head Coach, with his pedigree should not be having all thios trouble with Character, or lackthereof...with these stupid penalties.
    I hope we do better next game. And I AM very excited about the play of Woods, Mcfadden, as well as many other Individuals.
    But I still say practice is fine & dandy. But you have to come to play when it counts. Not that Pre-season counts, but in the actual games, when they matter is what I am saying.
    Yeah, its all about Discipline!!! For the record, Bell and Johnson in the backfield together does have me kind of giddy.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    except to the guys trying to make their teams...
    Tru Tru. (ugh hate this minimum word usage)

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    I mean a team with this Head Coach, with his pedigree should not be having all thios trouble with Character, or lackthereof...
    At least nobody has been charged with murder....now THAT'S a character issue...

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    At least nobody has been charged with murder....now THAT'S a character issue...
    If Marcus Gilbert starts the season at Tackle he may get charged with the murder of Ben Roethlisberger.

Starter

User Info Menu

By the way. I like what I saw out of Guy Whimper. I would like to see him run with the first group at some point. Its hard to say hes an upgrade of any kind when we are watching him against 3rd string defense.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    By the way. I like what I saw out of Guy Whimper. I would like to see him run with the first group at some point. Its hard to say hes an upgrade of any kind when we are watching him against 3rd string defense.
    He was playing at G. Might be better suited inside. He may not be perfect, but his position flexibility might get him on the 53 at this point unless we somehow sign someone better.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Has anyone taken a look at "veterans that may be cut" due to cap reasons that could be signed later on?
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ramblinjim View Post
    Has anyone taken a look at "veterans that may be cut" due to cap reasons that could be signed later on?
    I haven't but have started wondering if we might cut some vets to free up some money to be spent on OL/TE. I'm not sold on Whimper being that good, so he could save us a big chunk. Cotchery could save us a nice chunk too and might not be a bad cut given how good Wheaton looks. And that would allow us to keep JD Woods who I really like and one of the big guys to develop (Brown or Moye).