Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guys making waves at camp

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

Guys making waves at camp

I heard some names come up who have surprised people and thought I would share...

Guy Whimper...yeah I know but I have been hearing he has looked strong, somedays even putting on a show. There must have been something there for the Steelers to be interested.

Will Johnson...heard the term uncoverable. The linebackers can't cover the guy, the DBs have a hard time tackling him. This guy will play a critical role in this offense.

Paulson...another guy that the linebackers struggle to cover...catching everything.

Al Woods...heard his name long before the preseason game. Technically the guy is as sound as they come...strong as an ox...terrific hand and foot work. He is making waves in camp.

All the young ILBs...all playing well. Rolle has really stepped up as a speed guy who is always around the ball (Go Bucks)

McClendon-Beast...We are good at NT.

DD-while no one is surprised the guy is a mobile wrecking crew. Heard he is an All Pro waiting to happen. Big camp.

Thomas-bugging the crap out of Troy and Ryan asking so many questions. The guy is hungry, wants to be great, wants to blow people up and play great ball. Coaches are impressed.

Wheaton...the next great Steeler WR.

Bell...having a huge camp. He has made it clear there is no battle for starter. If he stays healthy...big big things.

Overall, I'm happy with what I am hearing out of camp.

Backup

User Info Menu

That's all fine but, unless you can show it on the field, it means nothing. In the words of the GREAT Allen Iverson......" We talkin' bout practice dog............PRACTICE "

And thats all that it is.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ok, anyone less sedated care to chime in.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Thanks for the news and I'm excited to hear that. I also agree with "Sedated" though, These boys got come to play on gameday! We need all of it! What I saw on Saturday was a little disheartening. There was a flash here and there but I was not encouraged. We will have our asses handed to us in the AFC North this year if we bring that garbage to the field on Sundays.

Backup

User Info Menu

It's not even the outcome that bothers me though. Mostly it's the total lack of Discipline. I mean a team with this Head Coach, with his pedigree should not be having all thios trouble with Character, or lackthereof...with these stupid penalties.
    I hope we do better next game. And I AM very excited about the play of Woods, Mcfadden, as well as many other Individuals.
    But I still say practice is fine & dandy. But you have to come to play when it counts. Not that Pre-season counts, but in the actual games, when they matter is what I am saying.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    It's not even the outcome that bothers me though. Mostly it's the total lack of Discipline. I mean a team with this Head Coach, with his pedigree should not be having all thios trouble with Character, or lackthereof...with these stupid penalties.
    I hope we do better next game. And I AM very excited about the play of Woods, Mcfadden, as well as many other Individuals.
    But I still say practice is fine & dandy. But you have to come to play when it counts. Not that Pre-season counts, but in the actual games, when they matter is what I am saying.
    Yeah, its all about Discipline!!! For the record, Bell and Johnson in the backfield together does have me kind of giddy.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    I mean a team with this Head Coach, with his pedigree should not be having all thios trouble with Character, or lackthereof...
    At least nobody has been charged with murder....now THAT'S a character issue...

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    At least nobody has been charged with murder....now THAT'S a character issue...
    If Marcus Gilbert starts the season at Tackle he may get charged with the murder of Ben Roethlisberger.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We need new meat to step up, especially on the OLINE for DEPTH. that's what scares me the most.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

haa haaa haa... that's all I can say about some of the comments after one preseason game. There are a ton of young players, so what smacks of undisciplined is more likely inexperience and being early in the season. Those expecting perfection in the preseason are a little unrealistic. Players are being plugged in left and right to get them some playing time, with little thought to a gameplan. Mistakes will happen but I wouldn't call it undisciplined. But I will say that Worilds was undisciplined in his 2nd personal foul of the game. He should know better and Tomlin immediately made that clear to him.