Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TE's to take a look at

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

TE's to take a look at

Brody Eldridge. Was on Colts last year. Offers little in the passing game but is like having an extra lineman in the blocking game.

Dallas Clark. Would like to kick the tires and at least bring him into camp. Especially if Heath will miss first 6 weeks.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers getting thin at tight end

Posted by Mike Florio on August 10, 2013

With a pair of tight ends still on the physically unable to perform list and veteran Matt Spaeth reportedly gone 8-10 weeks with a foot sprain, the Steelers are getting thin at tight end.

Heath Miller and David Johnson have not yet been cleared to practice, leaving the team with a gaggle of inexperience like Jamie McCoy, Nathan Overbay, Michael Palmer, David Paulson, and Peter Tuitupou.

Palmer arrived recently on waivers from the Seahawks, with John Rabe in turn being dropped.

At some point, the Steelers will need to look for veterans on whom they can rely until Miller, Johnson, and/or Spaeth return.

Anthony Becht! Get in shape!

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/10/steelers-getting-thin-at-tight-end/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Starter

User Info Menu

If they are trying to set a Guinness world record for injured Tight Ends then I think they should definitely sign Dallas Clark. He will look great in a set of Steeler sideline grays.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

May be a good year for Johnson and Bell as relief valves out of the backfield.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    If they are trying to set a Guinness world record for injured Tight Ends then I think they should definitely sign Dallas Clark. He will look great in a set of Steeler sideline grays.
    Adam SchefterVerified account‏@AdamSchefter:

Former Colts and Bucs TE Dallas Clark intends to play this season and a deal could get done this week, per ESPN source.

[URL]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/366637625177677824[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Leonard Pope is still out there if a guy who knows the system a bit is immediately needed.

edit* - nevermind, I see he was signed by the Bears last week

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    Leonard Pope is still out there if a guy who knows the system a bit is immediately needed.

edit* - nevermind, I see he was signed by the Bears last week
    thank goodness!

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    thank goodness!
    bingo!!! glad we can not get Pope. Yes, he knows the system. But I'm tired of bringing in the same old, same old just because they know the playbook. See William Gay signing..... I was glad he left and bitter that he returned. The guy sucked in AZ too. In a defense run by Ray Horton, don't tell me he's suited to a different system or they used him differently.

Front office needs to do some due diligence and not sign the easy ones, as tempting as it is. Yes, its hard to critique the Steelers FO but they sometimes seem to take the easy route.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

has to be a veteran at this point, I would think.

dallas clark is intriguing.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post

dallas clark is intriguing.
    Source: Dallas Clark could sign soon

Updated: August 11, 2013
    By Adam Schefter | ESPN

Former Indianapolis Colts and Tampa Bay Buccaneers tight end Dallas Clark intends to play this season and could get a deal done this week, according to a league source.

A handful of teams around the league need help at tight end, including Pittsburgh, Baltimore and New England.

Clark had 47 receptions for 435 yards and four touchdowns last season in Tampa Bay. In his 10-year NFL career, Clark has 474 catches for 5,322 yards and 50 touchdowns.

[URL]http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp13/story/_/id/9558568/veteran-tight-end-dallas-clark-sign-deal-week-according-source[/URL]

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha