Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Gay burned again.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I happen to agree with this. How do you measure a player by the plays that are not made by the opponent because of the player? This is the Ike dilemma. My guess is there were plenty of plays that didn't happen on Ike's side of the field because of his coverage. The proof is that Keenan Lewis had the second most passes defensed last season, meaning they were throwing away from Ike's side.

I wouldn't sign him to a long term, but extending by a couple years would be fine.
    Taylor allowed only six receptions over his final seven games before he got hurt.
    In 2011 he allowed 28 yards a game during the regular season (yes he got smoked versus Tebow in the playoff)
    This despite routinely was being assigned the top receiver no matter where he goes.

Ironically the only time Ike has bad games is when the run game is better than the pass game. This is because he is too quick to play run when he has no respect for a QB.

Taylor IS in his thirties but he is STILL faster and better than Lewis.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    The Steelers probably talked to Lewis and knew he wanted to go home. It wouldn't had matter what the Steelers offered Lewis. Lewis was dead set on playing for the New Orleans Saints.
    Ok... so Tomlin & Colbert's next plan of action after losing Lewis..... Let's sign that scrub, William Gay. Yeah! That sounds like a great idea.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    And I remember people bitching and moaning that the reason Lewis is gone is because he didn't make any INTs. Well, if that's the case, Ike is nothing more than a older, higher dollar Lewis because he can't catch a cold and that's been proven throughout his entire career.
    so apparently Lewis is a $5M CB after one season of good play? Not sure how you make your investment decisions, but I usually like to see a trend before making a big one. One data point is hardly a trend...

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    so apparently Lewis is a $5M CB after one season of good play? Not sure how you make your investment decisions, but I usually like to see a trend before making a big one. One data point is hardly a trend...
    Your exactly right.... Ike not being able to catch the ball is a trend. Lewis not being able to catch the ball is not yet a trend

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Taylor allowed only six receptions over his final seven games before he got hurt.
    In 2011 he allowed 28 yards a game during the regular season (yes he got smoked versus Tebow in the playoff)
    This despite routinely was being assigned the top receiver no matter where he goes.

Ironically the only time Ike has bad games is when the run game is better than the pass game. This is because he is too quick to play run when he has no respect for a QB.

Taylor IS in his thirties but he is STILL faster and better than Lewis.
    The difference is... Lewis should be entering his prime. Taylor is on the decline of his career. He might have 1 good year left, but "upside" days are over. His "decline" days are on the horizon.

I remember the days when the Steelers FO knew that... especially with linebackers. When LBs hit 30, the Steelers let them walk. Now, the FO is keeping players until their about ready to collect social security. Ok, not quite... but still.

Legend

User Info Menu

And I remember people bitching and moaning that the reason Lewis is gone is because he didn't make any INTs. Well, if that's the case, Ike is nothing more than a older, higher dollar Lewis because he can't catch a cold and that's been proven throughout his entire career.
    Lewis defensed 23 passes and had ZERO picks. THAT is a bad set of hands.

At least Ike got a pick......when teams arent throwing his way

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

The difference is... Lewis should be entering his prime. Taylor is on the decline of his career. He might have 1 good year left, but "upside" days are over. His "decline" days are on the horizon.

I remember the days when the Steelers FO knew that... especially with linebackers. When LBs hit 30, the Steelers let them walk. Now, the FO is keeping players until their about ready to collect social security. Ok, not quite... but still.
    True nuff, I get it. But I think the team wanted to start Cortez and Ike anyway. THEN how does it look to pay Lewis, cutting other players to do it?

TCFCLTC-

Administrator

User Info Menu

Lewis defensed 23 passes and had ZERO picks. THAT is a bad set of hands.

At least Ike got a pick......when teams arent throwing his way
    Please.. don't make a case for Ike and INTs. It doesn't work. Make a case for any other part of his game... just not INTs and covering Demaryius Thomas.

Legend

User Info Menu

Please.. don't make a case for Ike and INTs. It doesn't work. Make a case for any other part of his game... just not INTs and covering Demaryius Thomas.
    Oh I am NOT making a case FOR Taylor and ints.
    Lewis get thrown to ALL DAY LONG, gets his mits on the ball at a pace that is IMPOSSIBLE for Ike because they attack Lewis with lesser receivers so much.

Lewis IS EVEN WORSE.....that is the case I'm making.

TCFCLTC-

Administrator

User Info Menu

Oh I am NOT making a case FOR Taylor and ints.
    Lewis get thrown to ALL DAY LONG, gets his mits on the ball at a pace that is IMPOSSIBLE for Ike because they attack Lewis with lesser receivers so much.

Lewis IS EVEN WORSE.....that is the case I'm making.
    I'd have to look at every INT they dropped to even compare. Just because the pass in thrown to a certain defender doesn't mean he even has a remote chance at the INT. They might just barely get a finder on the ball but I didn't expect Lewis or Ike to get those INTs.

I would be happy if these jerks would just catch the ones that hit them square in the hands (listen up ROBERT GOLDEN). That's all I ask. Catch the ones that absolutely SHOULD be caught and we'll be ok. The problem is, our guys miss the even the easy ones.