Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Gay burned again.

Rookie

User Info Menu

The only reason QB isn't a greater need is because the FO addressed it...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

no sh!t sherlock....

they addressed it with gradkowskis 3 year contract!!! Why can't you comprehend that???

but then again you think maleicki and rodgers cromartie-smith are "known commodities"

Legend

User Info Menu

Just great... first it was Tyler Eifert, now its the 4th round pick.

Legend

User Info Menu

Chadman likes Willie Gay.

He's a much better QB & CB than Landry Jones, and was selected in the 6th round.

And we got a comp pick for him, only to then resign him, which was cool & funny at the same time.

He wasn't signed to be a starter, he's supposed to be the 3rd CB, which Chadman thinks he can be without causing too much trouble. But due to losing every CB not named Ike Gay the Victorian, he is forced to start.

For now.

But when Cortez gets back, the CB situation suddenly looks better.

As does the RT position, because then Gay can concentrate on his pass blocking.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

To be honest, I like Gay also...as the nickel back. He played a very good season for us there before shuffling off to the Burgh West. Not to hijack the thread or anything but why is everyone so concerned about Willie Gay when we have four tackles named Adams, Gilbert, Whimper, and Baptiste protecting our franchise QB? That lineup scares me and we have no Maxx to call on this year. Ben/Bruce/Landry could be in for a harrowing season.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Administrator

User Info Menu

It's the Steelers own fault that the CB situation is what it is....

If they resigned Lewis, they'd have their starting CBs locked up for several years in Lewis & Allen. Instead, they let Lewis walk for very reasonable money which was one of the dumbest personnel decisions in recent memory. You take years to develop a talent just to let him walk..... it's ridiculous.

This year, they COULD have had Ike, Lewis, Allen as the top 3. Next year, Ike will be gone but at least you'd still have Allen and Lewis as your #1 and #2. Instead, we CHOSE to have Ike, Allen and Gay as our top 3.

William Gay is a joke..... Good QBs will identify where he is and pick on him all day long like they've done in the past.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    It's the Steelers own fault that the CB situation is what it is....

If they resigned Lewis, they'd have their starting CBs locked up for several years in Lewis & Allen. Instead, they let Lewis walk for very reasonable money which was one of the dumbest personnel decisions in recent memory. You take years to develop a talent just to let him walk..... it's ridiculous.

This year, they COULD have had Ike, Lewis, Allen as the top 3. Next year, Ike will be gone but at least you'd still have Allen and Lewis as your #1 and #2. Instead, we CHOSE to have Ike, Allen and Gay as our top 3.

William Gay is a joke..... Good QBs will identify where he is and pick on him all day long like they've done in the past.
    I agree on resigning Lewis... that was a stupid move IMO.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Chadman likes Willie Gay.

He's a much better QB & CB than Landry Jones, and was selected in the 6th round.

And we got a comp pick for him, only to then resign him, which was cool & funny at the same time.

He wasn't signed to be a starter, he's supposed to be the 3rd CB, which Chadman thinks he can be without causing too much trouble. But due to losing every CB not named Ike Gay the Victorian, he is forced to start.

For now.

But when Cortez gets back, the CB situation suddenly looks better.

As does the RT position, because then Gay can concentrate on his pass blocking.

His arms are too short
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

I didn't see the game and haven't seen a replay yet, but I saw Troy and Clark both take responsibility on the long pass. Is there a different play where Gay got toasted?

Rookie

User Info Menu

The Steelers have adequate CB depth without Lewis...no one could have predicted the freakish rash of injuries at that position...

Allen, C. Brown, Van Dyke and Hawthorne...