Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gay burned again.

Rookie

User Info Menu

I don't think any true Steeler fan wants ​Willie Gay to play poorly...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I know many wont want to hear this but Gay will likely become a huge signing this year. He must play well. Maybe Thomas will be able to step into the slot. But I see a dinged up secondary, an elderly Ike and much inexperience. Gay must be solid for us.
    ...and Gilbert needs to be good for us but I doubt it will happen.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I agree, Justin Cruz is the best slot receiver in the league. which is exactly why if I'm Dick LeBeau I don't leave Willie Gay covering him without safety help...
    Who the fk is Justin Cruz?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I know many wont want to hear this but Gay will likely become a huge signing this year. He must play well. Maybe Thomas will be able to step into the slot. But I see a dinged up secondary, an elderly Ike and much inexperience. Gay must be solid for us.
    I'm sure Gay wants to be the best he could possibly be but he doesn't have what it takes. The Steelers dropped the ball with either evaluating talent or whatever. Our secondary has a one time decent corner that is now old, a couple of aging safeties and other corners that have proved they are not starters or guys we don't know if they can handle the job. This entire off season the Steelers didn't make selections of advancement or had planned strategies, the just did knee jerk reactions to everything that was happening and falling in around them. My biggest heartbreak with this coaching staff/front office was that they had taken back Gay. Just proves to me they didn't know what they were doing when they let him go or they didn't know what they were doing when the had taken him back. The real problem with Gay was, that they signed him to the team in the first place.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    oopsie, guess I've been thinking about Justin Bieber too much again...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    I was wondering if this was going to slide through without comment.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    I was wondering if this was going to slide through without comment.
    sorry, my Justin Bieber infatuation just gets the better of me sometimes...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    a 5th rounder will solve all our problems, I'm sure

only a fool would say our secondary doesn't need help
    while i agree our secondary needs help.

would a 4th rounder(jones pick) be that much different then a 5th rounder?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I actually think I. Green looked good.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    while i agree our secondary needs help.

would a 4th rounder(jones pick) be that much different then a 5th rounder?
    probably not this year, but I would rather have a young player in the pipeline at other positions of greater need.

the OL could certainly use a 4th round prospect after seeing the 2nd unit last night.