Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yes or No!

Backup

User Info Menu

Yes or No!

Hello my fine Steeler fans. We're all happy to see our season kick-off tonight with the first pre-season game.
    And I know we all pray for good health tonight for both teams. I have a yes or no question for our three top rookies for the season. Please give your thoughts.

1) RB La'veon Bell: 1,200 Yds Rushing with 10 + TD's......Yes or No ?

2) WR, Marcus Wheaton: 50 + catches for 700 + Yds, and 6 TD's...Yes or No ?

3) OLB Jarvis Jones: A) Breaks Jevon Kearse rookie sack record with 15 sacks ?
    B) Has 9-12 Sacks this season ?
    C) Has 6-8 sacks this season ?

My answers.....I will take 1-No. Dwyer and Redmon will each get enough carries to keep Bell from that goal, at least in his first season. 2-Yes! Wheaton was in my opinion easily the smartest, and best route runner I saw last season. He gets in and out of his breaks faster then anyone I have seen in a while, and he has soft hands. I think the opposing defenses will cover tighter on Brown, and even Sanders, and make the rookie have to beat them....and he will. 3-B. I wanna say Jones breaks the all time record, but I feel the stubborn Steelers may give the starting Nod, at least early on to Worilds. But, I feel Jones WILL make a Impact. Not just with Sacks but with TFL's and Batted down passes. I think he tops out though with 11 rookie sacks. But I HOPE I am wrong.

So good people, what say you all ?

Starter

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=sedatedsteelerfan;567170]Hello my fine Steeler fans. We're all happy to see our season kick-off tonight with the first pre-season game.
    And I know we all pray for good health tonight for both teams. I have a yes or no question for our three top rookies for the season. Please give your thoughts.

1 - No. Will not get enough carries
    2 - Yes. I think all three receivers will have similar numbers. It will help Wheaton that he will have the 3rd best defender on him oftentimes. However, they say receiver is a position that often doesnt put up big numbers the first year, this is my one reason to hedge on saying Yes.
    3 - C. He will be a backup most of the season and he probably needs more time til he puts up the big numbers whether because of learning techniques or just brute strength.

Backup

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=winwithd;567171]
    Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    Hello my fine Steeler fans. We're all happy to see our season kick-off tonight with the first pre-season game.

1 - No. Will not get enough carries
    2 - Yes. I think all three receivers will have similar numbers. It will help Wheaton that he will have the 3rd best defender on him oftentimes. However, they say receiver is a position that often doesnt put up big numbers the first year, this is my one reason to hedge on saying Yes.
    3 - C. He will be a backup most of the season and he probably needs more time til he puts up the big numbers whether because of learning techniques or just brute strength.

Thanks for your thoughts sir

Legend

User Info Menu

1. No. Love to see Bell get over 1000 yards combined rushing and receiving though. That would be great. I could see in the 700 yard range rushing.
    2. Yes. I think Ben is going to develop a nice report with MW.
    3. No. That's too much pressure. 6 or 7 sacks, 3 ints, and 2 forced fumbles. Lives up to hype.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    1. No. Love to see Bell get over 1000 yards combined rushing and receiving though. That would be great. I could see in the 700 yard range rushing.
    2. Yes. I think Ben is going to develop a nice report with MW.
    3. No. That's too much pressure. 6 or 7 sacks, 3 ints, and 2 forced fumbles. Lives up to hype.

I think Bell gets over 700 yards easily. Pittsburgh really fell back running the ball last season. Averaging 25 carries a game. I think they wanna bring that up to at least 30 attempts a game. And Bell wasn't drafted in round 2 to sit the pine. He will get 15 solid carries a game. That's 240 carries at the least. If you figure he can average 4 to 4.5 yards a carry, that would be anywhere from 960-1080 rushing yards.

Anyways thats how I figure it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

1. Yes
    2. Yes.
    3. C

I have high hopes for the offensive rookies.

Legend

User Info Menu

No
    No
    D

(answers were given after watching the Bucs drop a bummer of a game in Colorado. I might have to revisit these questions when I'm in a better mood.)

Legend

User Info Menu

1) Not 1200 yards rushing for Bell, but I think he could get close to 1000. Should outgain any of our other RBs. I'm also excited to see how effectively he will be used as a receiver...I think that could become a big part of Ben's offensive attack.
    2) No on the numbers for Wheaton. I have to think Brown will get at least 65 catches, and even with a late start for Heath, our TEs may combine for over 60 catches. Throw in 35-40 for Sanders, and I don't think you have enough throws left to get over 50 for Wheaton. But I do think he will be a valuable member of the offense right away.
    3) I don't expect Jones to get more than 8 sacks as a rookie splitting time at OLB. But that doesn't mean he'll be a disappointment.

I'm very excited about the addition of all three of these players!
    Last edited by BradshawsHairdresser; 08-12-2013 at 11:32 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

1. Yes. I think the coaches want a bellcow RB, and Le'Veon Bellcow is it. LSH and Redman may see situational action, but Bell should get the vast majority of the carries (with Dwyer kept around merely as injury insurance...he could make the final 53 but be deactivated on gameday more often than not if there are others who contribute more on ST's).

2. No. I like Wheaton's promise for the future. I could see him starting next year if Sanders leaves as an UFA. But during his rookie year, Brown and Sanders will start, and the coaches may feel better using a reliable chainmoving possession receiver like Cotchery on 3rd downs rather than the more dynamic Wheaton at first. Wheaton will see more action as the season moves along, but not early enough to meet your statistical criteria.

3. C. I'm hoping that Jones and Bell give us legit DROY and OROY candidates, and even though I was a huge Jones supporter pre-draft, and not a huge Bell supporter pre-draft, I think Bell has a better chance to win OROY than Jones has to win DROY, simply due to opportunity. While I think both will contribute in year 1, Jones is likely in a timeshare while I don't think Bell will be. I'm hoping that Woodley can reclaim his old 12 or 13 sack pace of the past on the strong side, and I'm hoping that the combination or Jones and Worilds can match him on the other side, making Jones' most likely contribution in the 6-8 range rather than 9-12 or 15+.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Starter

User Info Menu

1) Yes. I think Bell starts from the get go and has a monster season. I will do you one better and say he tops 1300 yards
    2) No. I think Wheaton goes just under with around 50 grabs for 650 yards and 3 TDs. Still a good season for a rookie slot guy.
    3) C. After watching the first preseason game I think Worilds will start the season over Jones. I see Jones as being a guy that starts to really come on toward the middle of the season once he gets his feet under him. I can see him getting 6 sacks.