Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Food For Thought 2013-2014

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I dig these threads, I've gotten a few good recipes from threads like this. The jalapeno popper dip and Buffalo chicken dip are most popular so far!
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post
    I dig these threads, I've gotten a few good recipes from threads like this. The jalapeno popper dip and Buffalo chicken dip are most popular so far!
    Would you share those for us who may of missed them? As long as its O.K. with Lon that is

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

[url]http://www.franksredhot.com/recipes/franks-redhot-buffalo-chicken-dip-RE1242[/url]

Frank's Redhot Buffalo Dip

SERVINGS: 4 cups dip
    PREP TIME: 5
    COOK TIME: 20

INGREDIENTS:
    8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
    1/2 cup blue cheese or ranch salad dressing
    1/2 cup FRANK'S® REDHOT® Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce or FRANK'S® REDHOT® Buffalo Wing Sauce
    1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese or shredded mozzarella cheese
    2 cans (12.5 oz. each) SWANSON® White Premium Chunk Chicken Breast in Water, drained

DIRECTIONS:
    HEAT oven to 350°F. Place cream cheese into deep baking dish. Stir until smooth.
    MIX in salad dressing, Frank's RedHot Sauce and cheese. Stir in chicken.
    BAKE 20 min. or until mixture is heated through; stir. Garnish as desired. Serve with crackers or vegetables.
    ================================================== ================================================== ==================
    [url]http://americanfood.about.com/od/appetizersandsoups/r/Jalapeno_Dip.htm[/url]

Jalapeno Popper Dip

Makes 10 Portions of Jalapeno Popper Dip

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 20 minutes

Total Time: 30 minutes

Ingredients:

2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temp
    1 cup mayonnaise
    1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese (half Jack, half cheddar cheese)
    1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
    1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
    1 (4 ounce) can sliced jalapenos - double if you like heat
    1 cup panko bread crumbs
    1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
    1/2 stick butter, melted

Preparation:

In a food processor, add the first 6 ingredients and process until smooth. You do not need to drain either can of peppers. Spread the dip into a greased 2-quart casserole. In a bowl, mix breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and melted butter; mix well. Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over the dip and bake in a preheated 375 degree F. oven for about 20 minutes. You want the top to get browned and the dip to be heated through and bubble gently on the edges.

Do not over cook this dish or the mayonnaise with separate and you will have a grease puddle in your dip. Serve with Buttery crackers or a sliced French baguette.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

First of all thank you Rara for sharing --- this thread has always been open for ideas!

There are SO MANY players that need to step up this week it's difficult to pick just one -- but I'm going with Kelvin Beachum as the Steeler of the week. He's playing out of position and he's taken the place of a First Round All Pro -- and on top of that the Bengals have great defensive linemen.

Here's hoping Kelvin can come up big this week!

For those familiar with Cincinnati -- you know they do some funky stuff with pasta -- so this week I'm throwing out a different idea using pasta as the base. Also this meal is a great dinner time meal and would go well with Garlic Bread and Red wine....which may help keep some of us reasonably mellow on this upcoming Monday Night.

Sirloin Marinara

INGREDIENTS:
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    1 onion, thinly sliced
    2 pounds Top Sirloin Steak, sliced
    2 cups Chunky pasta sauce
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1/2 cup red wine
    1 Package Angel Hair Pasta

**Serve this with Angle Hair Pasta or Garlic Mashed Potatoes.

DIRECTIONS:

1. Heat the oil in a 10 inch skillet over medium high heat. Add the onions and saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the steak strips, turning so that all sides get browned, about 10 minutes.

2. Begin boiling water for pasta.

3. Add the tomato sauce, garlic and red wine. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the steak is cooked through.

4. While cooking the meat prepare the pasta.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

It goes without saying that many of our best seasons have come because #7 -- found ways to win......at 0-2 I think Ben has got to elevate his play so that this team can start winning, or we're well on our way to drafting in the top 10.....maybe top 5 next April.

This recipe is all about Sloppy!!! Because I'll take a victory as sloppy as the Steelers can muster up!

Sloppy Victory Dogs

Ingredients

SLOPPY JOE TOPPING:

2 pounds ground beef
    2 celery ribs, chopped
    1 small green pepper, finely chopped
    1 small onion, chopped
    1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
    1/4 cup packed brown sugar
    1/4 cup ketchup
    1 tablespoon cider vinegar
    1 tablespoon prepared mustard
    1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
    1 teaspoon pepper
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

***Shortcut to this recipe is 2lbs Ground Beef and 2 Cans Sloppy Joe Sauce.

DOGS:
    16 hot dogs
    16 hot dog buns, split
    Warmed process cheese sauce and grilled onions, optional

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

First let me begin by stating that I really DISLIKE the idea of any NFL team losing a "home" game to play in London.....I understand why the NFL is doing it, but I still really dislike it.

That aside -- we get to look at some traditional English Fare....which is very cool., There's a few English meals I can think of -- but traditional Bangers and Mash seems too obvious to pass up.

These eats are for Steve Mclendon - whom I believe is playing very well right now....of course playing well on a 0-3 team is a bit dubious but I think you always need to look for bright spots -- and acknowledge them when they're deserved.

Keep up the good work Steve!

D-Line Bangers and Mash

INGREDIENTS:
    4 links pork sausage

Mash:
    2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
    1/4 cup butter
    2 tablespoons milk (optional)
    1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
    salt and ground black pepper to taste

Onion Gravy:
    1 tablespoon butter
    2 large onions, chopped
    6 cups beef broth
    2 cups red wine

DIRECTIONS:
    1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C).
    2. Cook the sausage links in a skillet over medium-low heat until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes per side; transfer to an oven-safe dish and move to the preheated oven to keep warm.
    3. Place potatoes into a saucepan over medium heat, cover with water, and boil gently until potatoes are tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain and allow to steam dry for a minute or two. Mix in 1/4 cup of butter, milk, dry mustard, salt, and black pepper; mash until fluffy and smooth. Set aside.
    4. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium-high heat; cook the onions until translucent and just starting to brown, about 8 minutes. Pour in the beef broth and red wine; boil the mixture down to about half its volume, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper. To serve, place a sausage onto a serving plate with about 1/2 cup of mashed potatoes. Pour the onion gravy over the sausage and potatoes.