Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: On Landry Jones

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

On Landry Jones

First off I have watched every snap Landry Jones took at the University of Oklahoma. Landry is a great kid. Humble and a family man. He has a big time arm, quick release, excellent footwork and is extremely smart. However Landry crumbles under pressure. I have only on 1 occasion remember Landry step up and lead OU to a late game come from behind victory. In many ways he is the Anti Ben. Anyone expecting anything of him at the NFL level for the first 3 years will surely be disappointed. Saying that I believe with patience and proper coaching he could develop into one of the better backup QB's and spot starters in the NFL. I do NOT think he will ever be an NFL caliber starter. While part of me was excited to see him land in the Burgh. I think there were other players who could have helped this team more, particularly

Phillip Thomas
    Chris Harper
    Jesse Williams
    Earl Wolf
    Kenny Stills
    Andre Ellington and
    Baccari Rambo

Sean Renfree, Tyler Bray and Zac Dysert all could have been had in the 7th also.
    Last edited by steelerkeylargo; 08-09-2013 at 11:29 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    Anyone expecting anything of him at the NFL level for the first 3 years will surely be disappointed. Saying that I believe with patience and proper coaching he could develop into one of the better backup QB's and spot starters in the NFL. I do NOT think he will ever be an NFL caliber starter.
    if Landry Jones ends up becoming one of the better backup QBs in the NFL and a spot starter for the Steelers, he will have been well worth the 4th round draft choice we spent on him.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Backup

User Info Menu

I liked so much his first season. Then he was fading away. But I think he can be a good player. Not a steal but a nice 4th round.
    Steeler Nation in Spain

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    if Landry Jones ends up becoming one of the better backup QBs in the NFL and a spot starter for the Steelers, he will have been well worth the 4th round draft choice we spent on him.
    The only issue with this, is that is 3, if not 4 years away and by that time the Steelers will need to draft another QB, a legit one, who might be the guy to eventually lead the team. By then you can find the next "Gradowski"and Jones will be traded or let go. Just too many depth question to not use this 4th to attempt to address one of them.

Rookie

User Info Menu

QB WAS a depth question...not anymore...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post

That's a wrap.

Backup

User Info Menu

Since Ben will play little, and Gradkowski won't play too long. I suspect Wilson and Jones will each get a quarter...Wilson a little more maybe. But, I will say it right now....Landry Jones will have better numbers then Wilson.

Any takers!! ?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    dumb argument.

holes everywhere else but we have our backup backup QB.

QB was the strongest position on the team before drafting jones
    Last edited by Eddie Spaghetti; 08-10-2013 at 08:35 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ewwwwwwwwwww

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Ewwwwwwwwwww
    Yeah, you could smell that smell on the TV.