Thread: Five things that I am looking for over the next month of pre season

Legend

User Info Menu

Five things that I am looking for over the next month of pre season

1. How are the guys who were injured last year looking? Any lingering effects? Guys like Ike and Troy are older, have they lost a step? Is Ben back to being Ben?

2. What kind of shape are the guys who came into camp in better shape really in? Will there be a noticeable improvement in the play of Woodley? Can Dwyer run over guys and then not tap out? Can Redman and Dwyer challenge Bell? Can Heyward grab the starting role away from Hood?

3. Rookie watch. Will Jones prove to be starting material come September? How about Bell? We've heard only good stuff on them coming out of camp. Then there is Wheaton and Shamarko. Can they claim a role? Will one of the low picks or undrafted guys make the WR squad?

4. OL - in particular the tackles. We kind of know what we have with Pouncey and Foster. I think that for the most part we expect DD to step up his game and show that elite prospect talent. Adams seems to be having a very solid camp, is he our LT of the future? Can he play Starks level this year? Who wins out at RT, and can they hold down the fort? If the answer is no to both positions then not much else will matter.

5. Can the D re-emerge? There was no intimidation factor last year, and despite the yardage numbers, this was no number one D. Enter McClendon, exit an old Hampton. Cortez in for a surprising Lewis. Jones/Worilds & Woodley for a hugely underperforming Harrison & Woodley. The Woodley upgrade can be the biggest single improvement there. Pressure the QB, make plays.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I want to see the PS getting some of it's swagger back. Not the kind of swagger where guys are talking trash after a thirty yard completion or twenty yard run but the kind of swagger where the opposing team knows that the game is going to hurt. Like 2008 D-Swagger.
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Backup

User Info Menu

The one thing I am looking for is to finally see a Punter for us capable of out-punting any one of US here on the Board!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No injuries please. Apart from that i am looking fwd to your 3rd point the most.

I am also interested to see who wins 5th WR spot. I am looking forward to see Reggie Dunn. Is he quick as advertised? What about RB from USC?

Colbert was most impressed with Alex BAxter. Interested to see how he plays in pre-season.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    What about RB from USC?.
    I think Curtis McNeal was waived, passed waivers and now on injury reserve.