Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Hearing Plax has a rotator cuff tear

career over

Legend

User Info Menu

Crap............ hope your wrong this time,but thanks for the heads up

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Just heard on NFL Network Plax has a torn Rotator cuff . Thanks SKL for letting us know first

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Damn.......

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Im 10 weeks out from having the surgery for the same injury. Right now the tendons are supposedly reattached to the bone and range of motion is about 60% normal. Have to finish that off then begin the restrengthening. In all, its supposed to take about 4-5 months to get back to some semblance of normal. Im athletic and work at it daily so I wouldn't expect anyone to return to NFL condition much faster than that. The rehab is a bear and it just plain needs time to heal. With the blows players take to that area, reinjury would be a great concern and hanging it up is a likely outcome. I may have to quit playing soccer and came to the realization there are other things in the world to do that wont risk having normal movement for the rest of my life.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    Im 10 weeks out from having the surgery for the same injury. Right now the tendons are supposedly reattached to the bone and range of motion is about 60% normal. Have to finish that off then begin the restrengthening. In all, its supposed to take about 4-5 months to get back to some semblance of normal. Im athletic and work at it daily so I wouldn't expect anyone to return to NFL condition much faster than that. The rehab is a bear and it just plain needs time to heal. With the blows players take to that area, reinjury would be a great concern and hanging it up is a likely outcome. I may have to quit playing soccer and came to the realization there are other things in the world to do that wont risk having normal movement for the rest of my life.
    I also have a torn rotator cuff and recently saw a doctor. It is a slight tear and he said they strongly advise no surgery unless the pain and discomfort becomes unbearable because the recovery is one of the hardest to get through. A colleague at work had the surgery 8 months ago and is still trying to get his range of motion back and may have to have a second surgery.

Plax is done.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    I would see a rotator cuff injury perhaps forcing someone to rethink playing something like volleyball, but soccer???
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I would see a rotator cuff injury perhaps forcing someone to rethink playing something like volleyball, but soccer???
    I had a friend in HS who was a soccer star.. they are physical and use their upper body a lot to get position.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I had a friend in HS who was a soccer star.. they are physical and use their upper body a lot to get position.
    There's also the very real possibility of being tripped or slide tackled and and coming down straight on your shoulder, much like PB did trying to catch a ball. I totally understand not wanting a rec league thing to not possibly cost you the mobility of your arm for life.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I know... sounds crazy. But two incidents on the pitch caused the injury in the first place. One, a big dude hit me from behind and I crashed my shoulder into the ground like an airplane. Seemed to heal some after that but two weeks later a strong shoulder charge finished it off and man was it a mess when the doctor got in there. Rotator cuff separation, labrum tear and bicep tendon abraded to boot. Turns out this injury and rehab were way worse than my broken leg years ago. Doesn't sound too bad at first but Plex will begin to realize how tough the whole process is after the surgery. It is then when retirement will call has name very loudly. I love playing soccer and right now cringe at the thought of my own retirement but man I don't want to go through that surgery and rehab again.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.