Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Hearing Plax has a rotator cuff tear

career over

Legend

User Info Menu

Crap............ hope your wrong this time,but thanks for the heads up

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Just heard on NFL Network Plax has a torn Rotator cuff . Thanks SKL for letting us know first

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Damn.......

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Im 10 weeks out from having the surgery for the same injury. Right now the tendons are supposedly reattached to the bone and range of motion is about 60% normal. Have to finish that off then begin the restrengthening. In all, its supposed to take about 4-5 months to get back to some semblance of normal. Im athletic and work at it daily so I wouldn't expect anyone to return to NFL condition much faster than that. The rehab is a bear and it just plain needs time to heal. With the blows players take to that area, reinjury would be a great concern and hanging it up is a likely outcome. I may have to quit playing soccer and came to the realization there are other things in the world to do that wont risk having normal movement for the rest of my life.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Time for him to move on anyway and open a spot for a player who will contribute going forward like Justin Brown or Dunn.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    Im 10 weeks out from having the surgery for the same injury. Right now the tendons are supposedly reattached to the bone and range of motion is about 60% normal. Have to finish that off then begin the restrengthening. In all, its supposed to take about 4-5 months to get back to some semblance of normal. Im athletic and work at it daily so I wouldn't expect anyone to return to NFL condition much faster than that. The rehab is a bear and it just plain needs time to heal. With the blows players take to that area, reinjury would be a great concern and hanging it up is a likely outcome. I may have to quit playing soccer and came to the realization there are other things in the world to do that wont risk having normal movement for the rest of my life.
    I also have a torn rotator cuff and recently saw a doctor. It is a slight tear and he said they strongly advise no surgery unless the pain and discomfort becomes unbearable because the recovery is one of the hardest to get through. A colleague at work had the surgery 8 months ago and is still trying to get his range of motion back and may have to have a second surgery.

Plax is done.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Here's the guys on the roster: The 4 marked with an X are making the team barring injury. 5 players vying for 1 spot, possibly 2. Certainly one or two could go to the PS as well.

A. Brown X
    J. Brown (R)
    J. Cotchery X
    R. Dunn (R)
    D. Gilreath
    K. Moore (PS last season for other teams)
    D. Moye (PS last season)
    E. Sanders X
    M. Wheaton (R) X
    JD Woods (R)

Backup

User Info Menu

I'm so sorry to hear this. No player deserves to go out like this. But truth be told, I don't think Plex would have helpped us too much. He was older and slower. And Haley's offense is a quick strike kind of offense. I think Brown will likely make the final roster now cause we invested a selection on him. But Moye has a chance to. And he will make the practice squad for sure. I just hope we can stay healthy through pre-season though.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

For the record I really like Moye. I thought he was a draftable kid coming out of school. However Brown brings more to the table and should be the #5 WR. I think Moye and Dunn to to PS. Someone will snag Gilreath.