Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Five Things I think

  1. #1

    Five Things I think

    1) Kelvin Beachum will be the Starting RT. I loved this kid at SMU, smart hard worker and a gamer. Gilbert will be the swing primary backup to both spots.
    2) Justin Brown will make the team and be the primary PR man. The kid is solid in every area. Same guy Cotchery was as a rook. At Plax's expense.
    3) Markus Wheaton will have a better year than Manny Sanders. He will light it up from the slot. Pro ready now.
    4) Cam Heyward will be starting by week 6. Ziggy will be paying his last year in the Burgh.
    5) Ben will have his best year as a pro. The dude has put all aspects together. He will put up record stats.














  2. #2
    Legend fordfixer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    State of confusion
    Posts
    7,576
    Hope your right with this

    Molon labe

    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell



    American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hey Roger...
    Posts
    3,072
    Can you confirm Bell will be a first round fantasy player? I no longer play FF but that is my dream for this season...lol
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

  4. #4
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,332
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    1) Kelvin Beachum will be the Starting RT. I loved this kid at SMU, smart hard worker and a gamer. Gilbert will be the swing primary backup to both spots.
    2) Justin Brown will make the team and be the primary PR man. The kid is solid in every area. Same guy Cotchery was as a rook. At Plax's expense.
    3) Markus Wheaton will have a better year than Manny Sanders. He will light it up from the slot. Pro ready now.
    4) Cam Heyward will be starting by week 6. Ziggy will be paying his last year in the Burgh.
    5) Ben will have his best year as a pro. The dude has put all aspects together. He will put up record stats.
    Not sure Wheaton has a better season than Sanders but I do think he will have an excellent season and between Brown, Sanders and Wheaton we won't miss Wallace.

    I think Ziggy surprises this year if they really turn the DEs loose to get after the QB and earns a resign. IMO Cam is still the replacement for "the Diesel"

    I agree that Ben has his best season.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  5. #5
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,267
    I also wonder if the the new philosophy of the DE's will help Ziggy but he may be done here regardless. If he has a monster year and Dan Snyder pays him big $$$ or he's the same "just a guy" and we look elsewhere. Would love to see all the other 5 of your thoughts come true Hawaiian.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...asian07/RJ.jpg[/quote]

    go to http://www.thebreastcancersite.com to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

    Huge thanks to AA for all the help with the signature.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    1) Kelvin Beachum will be the Starting RT. I loved this kid at SMU, smart hard worker and a gamer. Gilbert will be the swing primary backup to both spots.
    2) Justin Brown will make the team and be the primary PR man. The kid is solid in every area. Same guy Cotchery was as a rook. At Plax's expense.
    Appreciate the insights.

    With Plaxico now potentially out for the year, it really opens the door for Justin Brown. The opportunity is there if he can grab it.

    I would not be shocked to see Beachum starting, either. From what you have seen, how does he compare to Gilbert as a run blocker and a pass blocker?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Appreciate the insights.

    With Plaxico now potentially out for the year, it really opens the door for Justin Brown. The opportunity is there if he can grab it.

    I would not be shocked to see Beachum starting, either. From what you have seen, how does he compare to Gilbert as a run blocker and a pass blocker?
    I think Beachum's strength is that he is well rounded. Doesn't do either great but is very solid in both areas. Gilbert struggles with speed which is why he was moved from LT. In reality I think Gilbert is best suited at RG.














  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    I think Beachum's strength is that he is well rounded. Doesn't do either great but is very solid in both areas. Gilbert struggles with speed which is why he was moved from LT. In reality I think Gilbert is best suited at RG.
    RG could be a problem as we hopefully have our RG for the next ten years in place. What about LG? It doesn't seem like Decastro has the comfort level there, but would Gilbert?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    RG could be a problem as we hopefully have our RG for the next ten years in place. What about LG? It doesn't seem like Decastro has the comfort level there, but would Gilbert?
    I am not saying he should start. Just saying I think that is his best position.














  10. #10
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,107
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    I think Beachum's strength is that he is well rounded. Doesn't do either great but is very solid in both areas. Gilbert struggles with speed which is why he was moved from LT. In reality I think Gilbert is best suited at RG.
    best suited for RG on the bench.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •