Thread: Made The Trip to Training Camp

Legend

User Info Menu

Made The Trip to Training Camp

Here's some things I noticed:

1. Jarvis Jones stands out big time. He's ridiculously quick off the snap. He also looks surprisingly good dropping in coverage. And he's a heck of a nice kid. Super fan friendly. This kid is gonna be the face of the franchise in no time. He was playing on the second team, but after a preseason game or 2, I just cant see how they hold him back.

2. I won't be surprised if Wheaton is the offensive ROY. He's quick and explosive. And he's no 1 trick pony. He blew by Troy to get deep on one play, then he easily wiggled himself free in the slot. Ben locked in on Wheaton several times. I have a feeling Ben wants him to be his go to guy. Also heard Ben getting on him repeatedly to do little things right.

3. Dwyer looks in really good shape compared to last season. He's made one of the biggest transformations. Across the board, a lot of guys look a lot trimmer.

4. Guys I'm now pulling for since seeing them in camp - Long, JPW, Dunn, and Victorian. I don't think there's 4 other guys more happy to be there.

5. I want to see more of Vince Williams. There wasnt any hitting today until Williams accidentally popped someone.

6. Plax fell awkwardly trying to catch a pass, but I saw him get up and he didnt get carted off the field. But Whimper was on a cart earlier for some reason. Not sure why? Watching Plax in practice, I don't get the impression he has an inside track on a roster spot. J Brown looks better than I expected.

7. AB might smile more than Hines ever did.

8. in general, there wasnt a very big crowd. It was one of the smaller ones I can remeber since I was a little kid and there wasnt that much interest in the Steelers.

9. We're in for some big changes at the LOS on both sides of the ball. Cant wait til preseason because it's nearly impossible to see what we've got without any real contact.

10. Hrapmann has a significantly stronger leg once again.

11. We have 2 mediocre punters in camp.

12. Ike talks a lot.

13. Dick Lebeau looks like the most energetic coach on the field.

14. WTF - Mike Tomlin was in a sweat suit on a day that was so sticky hot.

There was loads to take in today. Nearly too much to recall. It was definitely a great day and I hope you all get a chance to get to camp. It really was a blast.

Legend

User Info Menu

Thanks for the updates

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

1. Jarvis Jones stands out big time. He's ridiculously quick off the snap. He also looks surprisingly good dropping in coverage. And he's a heck of a nice kid. Super fan friendly. This kid is gonna be the face of the franchise in no time. He was playing on the second team, but after a preseason game or 2, I just cant see how they hold him back.
    I concur..
    When i was there last Friday night, he signed autographs for over an hour after practice. Both my sons were ecstatic.

Legend

User Info Menu

Thanks. Great report, and sounds like you had a great time.

Legend

User Info Menu

Great info. Thank you. You are better than the so-called "beat reporters" who cover the team and give us nothing.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I appreciate the camp news.