Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bums me out watching Harrison in tiger stripes

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by winwithd View Post
    OTOH, we will get to watch JJ make plays at OLB for the next 10 years, whereas James has got two years tops. Would we have still drafted JJ if JH were still here? Aren't the Steelers usually pretty good judges on things type of things.
    That is a really interesting question.

James was one of my favorite Steelers and it was painful to see him with the Bungles. But if the tradeoff is a year or two of Harrison for Jarvis Jones, from what I've heard about Jones so far, I'll take it.

Legend

User Info Menu

JH leaves a great legacy, but this is 2013.

Will we still miss him when he goes down with an injury?
    Will we still miss it when we watch the news every week to see if he will be fined or suspended for every hit?
    Will we miss seeing flags fly for hits that would go unflagged for most?
    Will we miss watching him get held to the point that he gets tackled out of the play with no flag?

I'm guessing that at some point this season many will stop missing him. We have our memories.

Backup

User Info Menu

I will miss him to. But in reality, we had to move on. He was refusing to restructure his contract. And like it or not, Harrison was no longer then player he was in 2008-90, and 2010. He has gone down hill the past 2 years, and has gained alot of weight as well. Yes his experience will help Cincy, and their young LB's. And I hate that. But as is, we had to move forward.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    That is a really interesting question.

James was one of my favorite Steelers and it was painful to see him with the Bungles. But if the tradeoff is a year or two of Harrison for Jarvis Jones, from what I've heard about Jones so far, I'll take it.
    i'd say in the short term. It was probably better we go with someone like eifert, a WR, or a corner (Ike's age) and draft an OLB in the 2-4 rounds and see if be develops or even if worldis could show something.

As for the long term, we'll have to wait and see

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TD386Steel View Post
    Yeah they show him on Hardknocks training camp on HBO tough to see and watch
    I had to grin when he was telling the coach to F off when they were telling him not to contact A.J. Green in practice. The coach said his piece, and asked James "Do we understand each other?" then James essentially told him (in colorful Deebo language) that he plays his way and that means people get hit. He then asked the coach "Do we understand each other?" and it looked like the coach backed down. He always was avoiding the cameras at all cost like they were a nuisance to him.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I had to grin when he was telling the coach to F off when they were telling him not to contact A.J. Green in practice. The coach said his piece, and asked James "Do we understand each other?" then James essentially told him (in colorful Deebo language) that he plays his way and that means people get hit. He then asked the coach "Do we understand each other?" and it looked like the coach backed down. He always was avoiding the cameras at all cost like they were a nuisance to him.
    Yeah, that was a great scene - probably my favorite in the first episode.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Not that I plan on watching any bungles games, but it will be interesting to see if he gets any more holding called against him now that he's on another team

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Mike Adams will own JH number. I am looking forward to that match up.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelgal View Post
    Not that I plan on watching any bungles games, but it will be interesting to see if he gets any more holding called against him now that he's on another team

I thought the very same thing. Though I wont go too much out of my way to watch a Bungals game, I think the curiosity will get the best of me at least once.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelgal View Post
    Even more so for the conspiracy theorists........when Harrison plays the Steelers, will the Steelers OL get penalized for holding against JH or will the refs not call the holding on JH?