Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bums me out watching Harrison in tiger stripes

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelgal View Post
    Not that I plan on watching any bungles games, but it will be interesting to see if he gets any more holding called against him now that he's on another team
    I just don't want to see him going low on Ben so as not to get fined. If Deebo ended Ben's season because he was afraid of getting fined for a high hit, the suckiness would be unreal. Fortunately, it looks like the Bengals will be using him mostly as a run stuffer.

Backup

User Info Menu

Deebo had a great run. No doubt he was a great Steeler....But...

It's not the Steelers fault that he was so friggin stubborn with pride, and frankly, over-valued himself at age 35. The Bengals are not and never will be the STEELERS!!!
    He can say its great there, and all that for the camera, but deep down, he's got to be hating life. Bengals have the ugliest uniforms, and havent won squat in years. Bengals
    have a monster schedule, and will be very interesting how they start the season...

I watched the Facons v Bengals, and I know its preseason, but Deebo looked slow, and out of place. What I'm looking forward to, is Decastro blocking him when we run the
    stretch-play to his side.

That is gonna be a collision of a huge magnitude!!! Go get him David!!

The down-fall for the Bungals is Dalton. I just dont see this guy getting them thru a deep playoff run...let alone a Ring.

What seems to be a bummer, watching "our" player play for a division rival, will soon change to elation when Jarvis Jones starts balling out like
    I know he will. We got a steal in the draft, and I can't believe 16 other teams passed on him!!!

Hey James, after this year is over, I won't mind if you retire a STEELER!!! Trust me, I understand how fast you"ll want to trade that Kitty-Kat jersey
    in...for Back and Gold!!!

JD
    Last edited by JDSteeler; 08-10-2013 at 03:35 AM.
    The Pittsburgh Steelers: There is NO other Team!

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/q...6jpg-1-1-1.jpg

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

JH looks great standing or sitting. He's still a rock and has that perpetual scowl. If he weren't showing the age with the Steelers the last year or two, I would be bummed. The Bengals seems to have a nice group of talented players. If James can infuse some attitude, they could be dangerous. I don't wish ill for him, but I hope he doesn't make any miraculous recoveries and have a good season.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerphile View Post
    JH looks great standing or sitting. He's still a rock and has that perpetual scowl. If he weren't showing the age with the Steelers the last year or two, I would be bummed. The Bengals seems to have a nice group of talented players. If James can infuse some attitude, they could be dangerous. I don't wish ill for him, but I hope he doesn't make any miraculous recoveries and have a good season.
    It didn't seem like he infused any attitude into our young linebackers. Why would he be any better for the Bungles young players?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by White sandwich View Post
    It didn't seem like he infused any attitude into our young linebackers. Why would he be any better for the Bungles young players?
    I didn't say he infused attitude into our young linebackers. He himself brings an attitude by his presence. When he played, even though he wasn't 100%. He still had a presence. His presence could bring some attitude to that defense. If you don't agree, so be it. I'm not hoping James does well.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by White sandwich View Post
    The Bengals are already a team with the arrow pointed up. They have a lot of young talent, but they don't have a winning tradition. They don't have anyone that has distinguished themselves on the biggest stage in the game- or they didn't have that until they acquired Deebo. Having him means not just a bunch of kids thumping their chests about what they could do. They now have a swagger from someone who has done it. There is a big difference mentally. I just hope that Deebo is as washed up as many here are saying.

Legend

User Info Menu

Bengals' James Harrison rips into HBO's 'Hard Knocks'

By Gregg Rosenthal
    Around The League Editor
    Published: Aug. 13, 2013

The premiere of this season's "Hard Knocks" was a reminder of the show's range and power, but no one stood out quite like Cincinnati Bengals linebacker James Harrison. It was awesome to get a peek behind the curtain at one of the league's surliest players.

I wouldn't complain at all if the entire show was built around Harrison, precisely because he seems to genuinely hate being on television so much.

"I don't feel they deserve to be here," Harrison told Joe Reedy of The Cincinnati Enquirer on Monday. "They did nothing to be here, other than want to be here. They didn't put no blood, sweat and tears into none of this. All these men in here, they did that. They (the cameras) did nothing. No one deserves to see this, to come inside of this unless you're a part of this. That's why."

Harrison is wrong on this point. NFL Films founder Ed Sabol, his son Steve and countless others put in the work for decades to help promote the sport to where it is today. But Harrison's reluctance to embrace the show partly is why he's such a compelling figure. At one point during last week's episode, Harrison jumped in an unsuspecting car to avoid the cameras. Harrison isn't sure if the driver even knew who he was.

"It's kind of like this: Everybody knows I'm getting into the car with him. There's a bunch of cameras watching me get in the car. It wouldn't be too smart," Harrison said. "They've got his license plate and everything else. And plus, I think I can kind of handle myself. He's driving and I'm behind him, so I think I'd be all right."

It's unclear what that all means, but I read it as a warning to Cincinnati motorists this month: Be ready.

[URL]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000229364/article/bengals-james-harrison-rips-into-hbos-hard-knocks[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Starter

User Info Menu

LOL at the above story. Ill miss Silverback. One of my favorite Steelers of all time. A note to all Cincy fans. If James Harrison randomly gets it your car, its probably best that you take the man where he wants to go.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    JH leaves a great legacy, but this is 2013.

Will we still miss him when he goes down with an injury?
    Will we still miss it when we watch the news every week to see if he will be fined or suspended for every hit?
    Will we miss seeing flags fly for hits that would go unflagged for most?
    Will we miss watching him get held to the point that he gets tackled out of the play with no flag?

I'm guessing that at some point this season many will stop missing him. We have our memories.
    HAHAHA! He will be playing for the Bungles so he won't be fined like he was with the Steelers. Goodell won't even be paying attention now.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    HAHAHA! He will be playing for the Bungles so he won't be fined like he was with the Steelers. Goodell won't even be paying attention now.
    If there is one player who Goodell keeps an eye out for regardless of which team he plays for...it's James Harrison