Thread: Burress Carted off with Shoulder/Elbow Injury

Backup

User Info Menu

Burress Carted off with Shoulder/Elbow Injury

Per Steelers Depot:

[URL="http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/08/report-steelers-wr-plaxico-burress-carted-off-thursday-with-injury/"]http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/08/report-steelers-wr-plaxico-burress-carted-off-thursday-with-injury/[/URL]

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Here we go with the injuries again, probably need to sit all the starters throughout the preseason

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Cancel preseason before it's too late!!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Does anyone else think the "new" rules in the latest CBA designed to protect the players by reducing off season workouts has actually resulted in more injuries????
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Burress has torn rotator cuff, could be done for the year
    Posted by Mike Florio on August 8, 2013, 11:46 PM EDT

APFor the first time in five years, Plaxico Burress has had a full offseason with a team to prepare for the campaign to come. This year, he could be done before even the first preseason game.

Per a league source, Burress has a torn rotator cuff in his shoulder. The injury happened Thursday after Burress hit the ground hard while trying to make a catch.

Burress, who turns 36 on Monday, spent most of 2012 looking for a job before signing late in the year with the Steelers, the team that made him a first-round draft choice in 2000. He re-signed with the Steelers for another year, and he was expected to serve as a large target for quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, especially in the red zone.

For now, it’s feared that the injury could end Plaxico’s season. No final decision has been made as to whether he’ll potentially return.

The Steelers, who lost Mike Wallace in free agency, could look outside the organization for help at the position
    Don't Forget to bring a Towel

Administrator

User Info Menu

I don't think the Steelers should look outside the organization. I think it means they keep both Derek Moye and Justin Brown.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I don't think the Steelers should look outside the organization. I think it means they keep both Derek Moye and Justin Brown.
    No need to keep both Derek Moye and Justin Brown. I'm good with 5 wides: Antonio Brown, Emmanuel Sanders, Jerricho Cotchery, Markus Wheaton, and Justin Brown. Teams like their WR5 to contribute on special teams, which Plax wouldn't do, but Justin Brown could be the primary punt returner (with Antonio Brown still fielding the occassional punt now and then, I'm sure).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.