Thread: Cortez had "minor surgery" today

Legend

User Info Menu

Cortez had "minor surgery" today

[url]http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Coach-Mike-Tomlin-on-Cortez-Allen-Surgery/3edf4366-3e72-417d-b4a9-705b7e6f1f09[/url]

Coach Mike Tomlin on Cortez Allen Surgery

Posted 15 minutes ago

Earlier today, Cortez had minor surgery on his right knee. We wanted him to get the surgery done now so he can begin rehabilitating immediately. This surgery was a minor procedure and will have no long-term effects on his return to the field. We look forward to his rehabilitation process and having him back on the field in a couple of weeks.

Legend

User Info Menu

This is not good.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    This is not good.
    Better than them waiting two more weeks.

Legend

User Info Menu

Did he come to camp with this injury or did he sustain it in camp? If he came to camp with the injury, why didn't he get it taken care of beforehand? I know surgery is the last resort, but with football injuries they typically tend to require surgery.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Did he come to camp with this injury or did he sustain it in camp? If he came to camp with the injury, why didn't he get it taken care of beforehand? I know surgery is the last resort, but with football injuries they typically tend to require surgery.

Pappy
    I believe it was sustained early on in camp. Within the first two or three days I think.

On twitter and other Steelers forums, people want to compare this to what happened with Harrison last year. Keep in mind Allen doesn't have the wear and tear on his body that Harrison does.

Rookie

User Info Menu

It's probably more like what Ben went through in the offseason...in a few weeks, he'll be back...

Legend

User Info Menu

Arthroscopic knee surgeries are like oil changes for football players.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

In Lake we trust...next man up.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post

Pappy
    They said it happened after day 1. So I think he probably came to camp with the discomfort. They said he was down busting his tail with Ike at the Tom Shaw speed camp. Wonder if that possibly is where it all began..Sounds like someone mentioned what Ben just had done. I imagine you could see him by 3rd more than likely the 4th pre season game.