Thread: Cortez had "minor surgery" today

Cortez had "minor surgery" today

http://www.steelers.com/news/article...9-705b7e6f1f09

Coach Mike Tomlin on Cortez Allen Surgery

Posted 15 minutes ago

Earlier today, Cortez had minor surgery on his right knee. We wanted him to get the surgery done now so he can begin rehabilitating immediately. This surgery was a minor procedure and will have no long-term effects on his return to the field. We look forward to his rehabilitation process and having him back on the field in a couple of weeks.

Legend
    This is not good.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    This is not good.
    Better than them waiting two more weeks.

Did he come to camp with this injury or did he sustain it in camp? If he came to camp with the injury, why didn't he get it taken care of beforehand? I know surgery is the last resort, but with football injuries they typically tend to require surgery.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Did he come to camp with this injury or did he sustain it in camp? If he came to camp with the injury, why didn't he get it taken care of beforehand? I know surgery is the last resort, but with football injuries they typically tend to require surgery.

Pappy
    I believe it was sustained early on in camp. Within the first two or three days I think.

On twitter and other Steelers forums, people want to compare this to what happened with Harrison last year. Keep in mind Allen doesn't have the wear and tear on his body that Harrison does.

It's probably more like what Ben went through in the offseason...in a few weeks, he'll be back...

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Arthroscopic knee surgeries are like oil changes for football players.

In Lake we trust...next man up.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Benchwarmer
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post

Pappy
    They said it happened after day 1. So I think he probably came to camp with the discomfort. They said he was down busting his tail with Ike at the Tom Shaw speed camp. Wonder if that possibly is where it all began..Sounds like someone mentioned what Ben just had done. I imagine you could see him by 3rd more than likely the 4th pre season game.