Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Embernate suffers major knee injury

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

Embernate suffers major knee injury

Guess it is IR for him. Probably wasn't going to be a factor anyway, but the depth issue on our OL is frightening. Does this help Golic due to his ability to play multiple positions?

[url]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/8/1/4580352/steelers-injury-report-embernate-knee-injury-training-camp[/url]
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers Injury Report: David Johnson out at least two weeks, Nick Williams missed due to a knee injury

By SteelCityRoller on Aug 1 2013

The last thing the Steelers needed was another injured tight end, but that's what they got for re-signing David Johnson. He could return before camp is over, but he is losing valuable ground in his position battle.

Knowing starting tight end Heath Miller might not be ready by the beginning of the 2013 NFL season, the Pittsburgh Steelers were proactive in free-agency landing insurance policies and former castaways Matt Spaeth and David Johnson. Johnson's policy is on the verge of being cancelled.

Johnson was competing with Spaeth and sophomore David Paulson for roster spots, knowing Miller's could be available at least for a little while. Johnson however has spent all of camp on the PUP list with Miller, and now we know why.

The Steelers already replaced an injured Zach Pianalto with a healthy Peter Tuitupou, and signed John Rabe to fill in during drills as they await Johnson's recovery. Jamie McCoy continues to look like the team's practice squad tight end. While Spaeth and Paulson have shined at moments in Johnson's absence, but Tuitupou and Rabe have not.

If Johnson's procedure fixed the issue with the same knee which required surgery to repair a torn ACL following the first preseason game of 2012, he should still have a chance to earn the third TE spot until Miller returns. If it didn't, he may wind up unemployed once again.

Rookie defensive end Nick Williams missed Wednesday's practice with a knee injury. Cornerback Cortez Allen was held out again with the same knee injury that cost him Monday's practice. DeMarcus Van Dyke's hamstring injury could hold him out for "a while," Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said, according to Post Gazette reporter Ed Bouchette.

Terry Hawthorne (knee) missed Wednesday's practice as well.

[URL]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/8/1/4577672/steelers-injury-report-david-johnson-demarcus-van-dyke-cortez-allen-nick-williams-status/in/4329189[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

IMO David Johnson isn't a loss. He offers little to this team and I don't know why they would waste a spot on the Final 53 for him.

Nick Williams wasn't going to make the FInal 53 anyway. He is a multi-year project so anything that helps us stash him away is good.

Legend

User Info Menu

Bummer for Embernate. I hoped that he would be able to win a spot as a backup OG.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Bummer for Embernate. I hoped that he would be able to win a spot as a backup OG.
    sounds like he was off to a good start to doing so...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    He now likely gets a year as a member of the Steelers and gets to learn and get stronger and more NFL ready. Really not a bad deal for him.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    He now likely gets a year as a member of the Steelers and gets to learn and get stronger and more NFL ready. Really not a bad deal for him.
    Sounds like you're describing DeCastro, who seems to be making his mark this TC. Sooo excited to see him kill it this year.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

A real pisser about Embernate, he was my fav UDFA. There goes my prediction for the first TC fight. I had him vs Heyward.

Starter

User Info Menu

They are saying MCL and ACL....bummer

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Guess it is IR for him. Probably wasn't going to be a factor anyway, but the depth issue on our OL is frightening. Does this help Golic due to his ability to play multiple positions?

[url]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/8/1/4580352/steelers-injury-report-embernate-knee-injury-training-camp[/url]

We should trade for Starks