Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Notes from Wednesday's Practice

Legend

User Info Menu

Notes from Wednesday's Practice

Encouraging stuff of Bell and Heyward:

[url]http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/2013/07/wednesday-news-notes.html[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

thank you, great read!
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    thank you, great read!

I found that blog from this website (or maybe even the Trib board) - it's been one of my favorite training camp reads, so I'm glad to pass it to others.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Encouraging stuff of Bell and Heyward:

[URL]http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/2013/07/wednesday-news-notes.html[/URL]
    .. but discouraging on Hood and Gilbert
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Legend

User Info Menu

Some more notes:

[URL]http://triblive.com/mobile/4447592-96/bell-burress-practice[/URL]

Lets hope that Cortez Allen comes back soon. The toughest part of Lewis leaving was not replacing him - I think Allen will do that just fine. It's replacing Allen and the depth behind the 2 starters.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene View Post
    .. but discouraging on Hood and Gilbert

I'd say about par for the course on Hood. Not surprising at all. Love to see Heyward given the chance. Maybe it's not a big difference but let's at least see what happens.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Some observations from camp yesterday.
    Worilds and JJ can get to the qb. As far as JJ he's is not fast but he plays quick. Very quick. He uses his hands well and has a burst.
    E Sanders impressive catching punts. He did a drill where he made a catch while holding 4 other footballs. A bit of a show but impressive just the same. Sanders is quick and got deep a few times. He did drop one pass on a slant where he broke wide open.
    Wheaton showed good hands and caught a few balls thrown poorly. One high catch was very impressive. He is a hands catcher. He is also quick into and out of cuts.
    Paulson can pick it. Hands are super but blocking not so much. He was working on blocking and Tomlin noticed his work there.
    Bell yesterday broke a 45 yd run on a cut back. He looked like our best back. Bell has good hands but his blocking could be better.
    Foote plays a little slow and Gay was burned more then once.
    Gradkowski looked solid all day.
    I'll get another look today.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    Some observations from camp yesterday.
    Worilds and JJ can get to the qb. As far as JJ he's is not fast but he plays quick. Very quick. He uses his hands well and has a burst.
    E Sanders impressive catching punts. He did a drill where he made a catch while holding 4 other footballs. A bit of a show but impressive just the same. Sanders is quick and got deep a few times. He did drop one pass on a slant where he broke wide open.
    Wheaton showed good hands and caught a few balls thrown poorly. One high catch was very impressive. He is a hands catcher. He is also quick into and out of cuts.
    Paulson can pick it. Hands are super but blocking not so much. He was working on blocking and Tomlin noticed his work there.
    Bell yesterday broke a 45 yd run on a cut back. He looked like our best back. Bell has good hands but his blocking could be better.
    Foote plays a little slow and Gay was burned more then once.
    Gradkowski looked solid all day.
    I'll get another look today.
    Thanks for the update IC - good stuff!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    E Sanders impressive catching punts. He did a drill where he made a catch while holding 4 other footballs. A bit of a show but impressive just the same.
    The last time Cincy was on Hard Knocks (before their current reincarnation), Pac Man Jones did that with 6 balls.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Thanks for the update IC - good stuff!!
    x2 - thanks for the info!