Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Notes from Wednesday's Practice

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Some more notes:

[URL]http://triblive.com/mobile/4447592-96/bell-burress-practice[/URL]

Lets hope that Cortez Allen comes back soon. The toughest part of Lewis leaving was not replacing him - I think Allen will do that just fine. It's replacing Allen and the depth behind the 2 starters.
    This is the best news that I've heard so far:

Heath Miller has yet to be removed from the physically unable to perform list and likely won't be for at least a few more weeks. However, that hasn't stopped the injured tight end from working out feverishly on Field 3 during practice. Miller was running nearly the length of the field dragging a heavy weight attached to a long strap, and he looked strong doing it.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    This is the best news that I've heard so far:

Heath Miller has yet to be removed from the physically unable to perform list and likely won't be for at least a few more weeks. However, that hasn't stopped the injured tight end from working out feverishly on Field 3 during practice. Miller was running nearly the length of the field dragging a heavy weight attached to a long strap, and he looked strong doing it.
    Great news. Heath is critical but still betting they make sure he is 110% before they get him into game action. I'm betting about week 4 or 5.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Great news. Heath is critical but still betting they make sure he is 110% before they get him into game action. I'm betting about week 4 or 5.
    That is a very good guess.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Then they would have to take him off PUP, making him count against the 53 man roster from week 1. If he is still on PUP when the real games start, then he has to miss a minimum of 6 weeks.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Mark Kaboly ‏@MarkKaboly_Trib:

It's Embernate right knee. He's in a lot of pain. Was steelers highest paid undrafted guy. Team was very high on him.

Embernate hurt knee. Appears to be serious.

[URL]https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly_Trib[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Mark Kaboly ‏@MarkKaboly_Trib:

It's Embernate right knee. He's in a lot of pain. Was steelers highest paid undrafted guy. Team was very high on him.

Embernate hurt knee. Appears to be serious.

[URL]https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly_Trib[/URL]
    Crap...I liked Embernasty. If need be, we can put him on IR, essentially giving him a medical redshirt for his rookie season, and bring him back to compete next year. May be an opening for someone like Cheadle, Long, or Golic now though.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene View Post
    .. but discouraging on Hood and Gilbert
    Gilbert is horrible. I hope we make a move or switch him to RT. He's a Baby Huey...

Legend

User Info Menu

Crap...I liked Embernasty. If need be, we can put him on IR, essentially giving him a medical redshirt for his rookie season, and bring him back to compete next year. May be an opening for someone like Cheadle, Long, or Golic now though.
    I'm betting on Golic. He can play all three OL positions although probably best on the inside. Off Tackle is frighteningly thin for us. Don't know what the Front Office was think in the off season.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Then they would have to take him off PUP, making him count against the 53 man roster from week 1. If he is still on PUP when the real games start, then he has to miss a minimum of 6 weeks.
    If they go that route, Heath would only miss 5 games due to the early bye. That would make the Ravens the first game for which he would be eligible to return.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Gilbert is horrible. I hope we make a move or switch him to RT. He's a Baby Huey...
    +1...Was he the only player that needed help after the run test?