Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camp coverage?

Starter

User Info Menu

Camp coverage?

Anyone know if Fox Sports Pittsburgh will have anyone reporting from Steelers camp today or in the near future?

Savran used to go there every year and do dedicated shows from Latrobe.

It amazes me that FSP doesn't cover the Steelers anymore (other than press conferences). That's pretty ridiculous.

Legend

User Info Menu

Sure hope so, I'm itching to read some camp news.

Legend

User Info Menu

Wexell and a couple of the other local beat guys run twitter feeds from camp. Haven't seen anything yet of value.

[URL]https://twitter.com/jimwexell[/URL]
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Starter

User Info Menu

Yeah I follow all those dudes on twitter. Sportsbeat used to do a show live from camp on the first day with tons of interviews and lots of Steelers talk in general. I get that there are contractual issues etc, but it just doesn't make ANY sense that the "local" Pittsburgh all-sports station offers essential zero coverage of the most important franchise in the city.

I've still never gotten a good explanation why they can't cover the team?

Legend

User Info Menu

Here are a few tidbits. This is probably the most encouraging news I've seen on Spence.

[URL]http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/2013/07/reporting-day-news-notes-will-be-updated.html[/URL]

Administrator

User Info Menu

Fellow offensive tackle Marcus Gilbert struggled through the run test today, but was able to finish. He was taken from the field on a cart following the completion of the run test, however.
    Are you kidding me? That is pathetic.

Alameda Ta'amu arrived with a hamstring issue that has landed him on the PUP as well.
    I hope the Ta'amu is impressive during training camp but this isn't a good start. His roster spot is clearly in jeopardy which is HUGELY disappointing.

Good news about Spence. Wish him the best.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Tunch and Wolf will be hosting their show live from camp on 970 espn starting at 10am est. If you're out of Pitt like me you can listen to it via iheart radio.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Are you kidding me? That is pathetic.

At least Gilby's taking himself out instead of his teammates this year.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    Anyone know if Fox Sports Pittsburgh will have anyone reporting from Steelers camp today or in the near future?

Savran used to go there every year and do dedicated shows from Latrobe.

It amazes me that FSP doesn't cover the Steelers anymore (other than press conferences). That's pretty ridiculous.
    What is even more amazing is no other tv outlet has really replaced this void. Really for me all it was the excellent 5 or 10 minute video coverage. For example. In Ben's 1st year there was a video showing all the QB's taking snaps and dropping back. There were 4 in camp. Maddox, C. Batch, St. Pierre? and Ben. It showed each alone. Then it showed Ben and Maddox in split screen. Then it showed all 4 together. It was so clear that Ben was the quickest in setting up and ready to throw in perfect form etc. You get the picture. This to me was first rate video production.

The above paragraph was not in the initial two attempts to reply to this post. Both of them were over the top I guess in how I would have retaliated and attempted to destroy that station in this market. Believe it or not in both attempts the PC actually shut off. Probably for the best. The post was probably a bit too vitriolic.

But anyway, this quality video coverage just has not been replaced IMO, and really I can't understand why? Don't any of these other tv outlets have any know-how or something? Geez! I mean a measly 5 or 10 minutes should not be impossible to replace. Should it?

Starter

User Info Menu

Key, you're exactly right. Every other market has a cable network dedicated to all local sports coverage. The Steelers are far and away the biggest sports franchise in Pittsburgh, yet they get zero coverage other than the local news? How is that possible?

In my local market alone (Harrisburg area), we get cable stations that cover the Eagles, Ravens, and Redskins. Steelers??? Nah...don't worry about it. We'll just watch Kent Tekulve prattle on every night.